2024 severe weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Some loooooong, deeeep rumbles of thunder here in northern NH as the cells are approaching
We had some good rains with some wind a few times but the worst of it went well south of us or cranked up over certain parts of Vermont.

Stay Safe.

We had some good rains with some wind a few times but the worst of it went well south of us or cranked up over certain parts of Vermont.

Stay Safe.
Ironically that first front went by with no rain and no wind here. Looks like second frot in a couple of hours.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Ironically that first front went by with no rain and no wind here. Looks like second frot in a couple of hours.
After supper I took the dog for a walk, no winds when we started but the wind gust picked up pretty good when we were coming back, the trees were cracking.

2024 severe weather!
Along VT-100 between Waterbury and Stowe. Flash flooding from one of the storms… feels like last summer all over again.

This is from Ben Frechette from MyNBC5.

Reactions: bogieb
View attachment 328036
Along VT-100 between Waterbury and Stowe. Flash flooding from one of the storms… feels like last summer all over again.

This is from Ben Frechette from MyNBC5.
Wow, that is only about an hour west of us. All the best to you.

Wow, that is only about an hour west of us. All the best to you.
We didn't get the heavy rains like that here in New York in our area. I did see some firewood rounds in that picture at the end of the driveway.

Was under a tornado warning yesterday evening. The cell that produced rotation (radar indicated and confirmed visually) went thru 2 towns that abut mine, just a bit south of me. Had the kitties all ready to wheel into the hallway if needed. Fortunately they like the cat pen, often snoozing in there or getting new toys to play with, so they settled down to nap shortly after I locked them up.

2024 severe weather!

Found footage of the rotation that was observed while it was west of me. No, it isn't much, but we don't get this stuff often.

Was under a tornado warning yesterday evening. The cell that produced rotation (radar indicated and confirmed visually) went thru 2 towns that abut mine, just a bit south of me. Had the kitties all ready to wheel into the hallway if needed. Fortunately they like the cat pen, often snoozing in there or getting new toys to play with, so they settled down to nap shortly after I locked them up.

View attachment 328037
Our dog has a crate it will go in if there's thunderstorms or bad weather coming in, she has about three spots she'll go to.

Nice video.

View attachment 328037
Today Accu is forecasting this for our area on Wednesday June 26.

Cloudy; breezy in the morning, then a couple of showers and a heavy thunderstorm in the afternoon; thunderstorms can bring hail and damaging winds

We were supposed to get some rain yesterday afternoon and last night. Nothing however here. It's been hot and windy the last few days, so the garden is drying out a lot. The grass is already yellow in places. (I don't water the lawn.)

But today it's bright blue sky here, 75 F now (82 forecast high), and a low humidity. Like late TN fall weather. Very nice today. Breezy though.

Tomorrow back to near 90 and humid.

Yesterday we had a Tornado Watch, no power blips, today it's been raining hard along with getting more steady winds since we had coffee, so far we've had two power blips but no loss of it. There are 270 without power just east of us by about four miles.

Glad that our weather is more benign, though too dry for this time of year. Our lawn is already starting to brown out. Meanwhile, Minnesota is dealing with way too much rain.

Glad that our weather is more benign, though too dry for this time of year. Our lawn is already starting to brown out. Meanwhile, Minnesota is dealing with way too much rain.

Yes, they received a crazy amount of rain. It has been a wet May and June so far in this area. We'll see what the rest of the summer brings for weather.

The lawn here is yellow too. Good for not having to mow :)

Most of the storms the last week or so went over the Sound, or missed us otherwise.
Much sun, much wind, so drying out fast.
Last night I got an inch of rain tho.

We haven't seen an inch of rain since late winter. Got .8" in early June, but that's about it for the month. July and August are often rain free. Not great for the trees or wildfire risk.

• Wow
Reactions: stoveliker
This is well south of us but this is what we've been dealing with the last two months, heavy rains with possible high wind gust. I hope you get some rain out there.

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for western and north central New
York.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

Hazardous weather is not expected at this time.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Friday through Wednesday.

Drenching thunderstorms are expected on Saturday with the risk for
LOCALIZED rainfall amounts in excess of two inches. The same storms
will also carry the potential for producing strong wind gusts.