2024 severe weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
6.5" of rain here in northern NH in the last week with the remnants of Beryl causing damage over in VT NEK on the one year anniversary of last year's flash flooding. Just craziness.

Just got a nice little thunderstorm that produced a short downpour. Started out hard for a few minutes then turned to about 15 minutes of soft rain. Don't know how much I got, but it couldn't have been much. However, I won't have to water any gardens or potted plants today, so that is better than nothing.
We've had two that the rain came down pretty good but didn't last long, the third one wasn't much just a very quick shower.

From this it looks like the storm on Monday won't happen but starting Tuesday we're in for a shoe storm.
2024 severe weather!

2024 severe weather!

Over 10,000 without power from western New York & Syracuse from the storms.

6.5" of rain here in northern NH in the last week with the remnants of Beryl causing damage over in VT NEK on the one year anniversary of last year's flash flooding. Just craziness.
There has been some crazy rain totals, Lowville New York received 9 inches in less than 24 hours.

That Tornado Warning for that area stopped about 5 minutes after I posted it. The heavy rains should start here around 3:25 if the radar is correct.

Last edited:
126,870 without power. We received another 28 millimeters of rain, some of that is from last night.

We’ve been in southern ME for 9 days. I didn’t count how many had heat advisories but it’s been most. It’s getting used to life without AC is not fun. Im extra grumpy. A line of thunderstorms are moving into to NH now. Hopefully that will cool us off. I doubt we make plans that are inflexible next summer. It’s hard though. Popular places fill up fast. Ones by water extra fast when it’s hot. Cooking for 9 in the kitchen is no fun. My in laws are 84 and 82. Now count them as dependents when we show up. They are too stubborn to think about AC. Two years ago I left after a hot visit saying I wasn’t come back in the summer until they had AC. Last year was ok. This year not so much.

Heat is the number one weather related cause of death.

Reactions: thewoodlands

Last edited: