2024 severe weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The first heat warning of the season is only about 3 weeks early
Temp at 33::C feels like 41::C To hot for this northern boy
We hit 89 today, that's under the porch on the northside of the house.

There’s a meme in there somewhere…

Even the hail is bigger in TX!

What the hail?

I’m glad it didn’t land on anybody.

• Haha
Reactions: stoveliker
Texas has gone to hail?

We just had some very heavy rains, I wish that the rain gauge had been out. I'm guessing we received 1.5 - 2 inches of rain that washed away & got rid of most of the pollen in the pines.

It’s a trick. It’ll be there, covering your car tomorrow! Lol

Reactions: thewoodlands
I'm sure it will be back but with this cooler weather here, it would be a nice if I washed the vehicles.

Thunder with heavy rains should be starting in a few minutes, someone is knocking down some pins!

Yesterday it rained so hard that around my big maple in the front
yard had 6 in of water nice pond. My springer had a great time
playing in the water and came into the house. My wife is not talking to me
I think I am in the dog house while the pup gets a bath and brushing

It looks like we're in for some high temps next week, I'll enjoy the 44 tonight.

2024 severe weather!

Not looking forward to the heat wave projected to hit next week. I just had my heat on last weekend (for a few hours). The body doesn't like the daytime high temp swings of 40 degrees within a matter of 7-10 days. Mine is still thinking that 50-60* is the perfect temp for mowing (and 70* is a bit too warm for mowing), it is going to be shocked after this weekend :confused:.

Not looking forward to the heat wave projected to hit next week. I just had my heat on last weekend (for a few hours). The body doesn't like the daytime high temp swings of 40 degrees within a matter of 7-10 days. Mine is still thinking that 50-60* is the perfect temp for mowing (and 70* is a bit too warm for mowing), it is going to be shocked after this weekend :confused:.
We're not either so I'll try and get any outside work done by Sunday afternoon.

Hey guys, it’s going to be hot the next few days. Drink lots of water. Be safe.

It's already hot in the middle of the country. I pulled up South Bend's weather instead of Bend, OR yesterday and my jaw dropped at the temps forecast in the 90's and low 100s.

I saw 90 today. I had my 14 year old with me and we did a scrap run. It was hot. We sold 1900lbs of broken garage door springs and track, lol. She liked the quick cash though, lol.

We hit just over 88 on the real temp but the next two or three days will be worse.

2024 severe weather!

Reactions: bogieb
I'm in the middle of this mess and in between the 105 and 106 - in the valley that is shown as the hot spot so won't that be fun.

View attachment 327933
We have some clouds this morning with a storm (rain & some lightning) moving in but after the temp should start getting hotter.

Stay cool down there.

This is south of us.

2024 severe weather!

Nothing severe but the rain finally started coming down harder which is nice, AccuWeather is saying it will last another 40 minutes.

It’s 97 outside. The kid and I just got home. Got 1600lbs more scrap out of the old warehouse, moved more equipment to the new warehouse. It’s nice spending the day running around with her, and teenagers can always use the cash from turning in the scrap!

The clouds earlier this morning that stayed around until after 10 a.m. along with the rain, stopped us from getting hotter but after taking the dog for a walk tonight, it's still hot & muggy.

Wow it's mid-June and it's hot, who woulda thunk it?
Certainly not I, not where I am at anyway :) - that is one of the reasons I left KS so long ago (not the main reason, but a reason)

Average temp in June is 77* and average temp for yesterday was 78*. Yesterday we were 15* above that and today/tomorrow it will be 20* above that (real temp, not feels like).