Work Done 2024

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Originally I was planning on taking the summer off and then using the fall to get ahead but with recent storms Marketplace has wood a plenty. Scored this load of silver maple yesterday from a gentleman who even used his bobcat to help load up.
Work Done 2024

On Sunday night my plan was that I would go looking for some downed firewood today but since it was a nice/dry day, I mowed all the trails along with getting behind the push mower, the lawn is mowed.

Reactions: MRD1985
When I was just getting ready for lunch, some English Muffins, I heard a crashing noise. I told the wife it sounded like a tree so I went out front where we had a pine widow maker for years, the top part finally rotted (broke off) which allowed the rest to come down. I was looking for the original picture on the computer and the site but I deleted it off the computer. I think it has been up there a good 3 or 4 years.

We'll get some useful shoulder season wood out of it with some of the rotten wood getting used in the outdoor fireplace or taken to the town wood dump.

I was wrong about how long it was hung up, it was 12/3/2022 when I posted it, this is what came down today.

Work Done 2024

Work Done 2024

Last edited:
I went and got the last load that I felt like scrounging for the summer I'll have a friend drop a load of logs off in a few weeks. Almost all of this is Ash. I'm curious as to how many cords the stuff on the ground will end up at when all said and done. Splitting tomorrow.
Work Done 2024

Reactions: MRD1985
Finally got the tree top that snapped off two years ago but was hung up until a few weeks ago processed along with another tree limb that had come down. Lib looks to be Maple and the tree top I think is Ash, Splits measured 35% and 25% respectively. In the same stack but separate rows. Probably won't burn for a few years. Guessing a bit under 1/2 cord.

Work Done 2024

Work Done 2024