What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have 31.3 for an outside temp tonight, the basement is starting out at 73, the temps up here are 70 with the sleeper at 69.

The liberty has another load of pine in it tonight.

Reactions: zmender and NickW
Brought a fresh load of hickory up to the house during my lunch break today. So, tonight both stoves have been stuffed to the gills with hickory. 33F now, and headed to 29F at sunrise, probably pretty close to our seasonal average for early/mid December.

All ash tonight with 1 piece of pine for a filler. Need to get some more hardwood inside...

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had a low of 27.8 this morning, the basement started out at 68 with the temps up here between 66 & 68. We have a load of ash & aspen going in the wood stove this morning.

Reactions: NickW and zmender
Munching on some sort of hard maple.

Back at the lake. Windy and cold. -12*C with the wind off the lake. Stuck some criss cross basswood in the princess (3 23” pieces). That got in around 3:00pm. About to reload (full) with hard maple with 2 pieces of hemlock. Will do me until tomorrow early afternoon. Love burning😝

Reactions: Gearhead660
Wife is doing god knows what with the stove but it'll be warm and there will be coals for me when I get home so I'm happy. I have red maple and ash liner up for tonight. Saving my oak for when it gets colder.

The outside temp tonight is 19.9 with a forecast low of 16, up here is between 70 & 72 with the sleeper at 68. The pellet stove is on for our overnight heat.

The temp keeps dropping, we're at 9 degrees this morning. The basement temp is starting out at 77 with the temps up here between 69 & 71.

The pellet stove is still going, I just put another bag in the hopper.

22F outside, and not much relief during day either - high will be 32. Living room is at 61F.

Burning down coal from last night right now with small ash splits, going to have to push stove pretty hard today.

We're in full-time burning, both stoves firing 24/7 now. This is the first winter with the door up to our fourth floor (or third, depending from which side of the house you're counting) open, and the added heat load thru the roof is noticeable. We previously always kept that floor closed and that space as a minimally-heated buffer between bedrooms and roof, but now our teenager has effectively moved himself into the suite up there.

For the overnight burns I’ve been loading dry white pine and a little poplar.

Burns down right nice in this very mild weather we’ve been having lately !!

During the day I toss in a couple 5gal pails of soybeans that we couldn’t sell due to them being a bit musty. They put off A LOT of heat but smoke a bit.

Just a bit lol

It's 32.7 out tonight, the basement is 77 with the temps up here between 70 & 72. I'm burning down some coals with a few smaller splits of pine and then the overnight load will be ash and pine.

Reactions: jblnut
That's a nice burn there.
How are you liking that f500? is it the v3?
well thank you!
i'm liking it, the weather hasn't been cold enough to really cranker up but smaller fires this season to warm the house are all good.
it is a v3.
took my warped base plate an turneder upside down to see if itll warp itself flat again, i highly doubt it will tho.

It was 34.6 this morning with the temps up here 68 & 69.

It's 55 degrees outside in December. This is ridiculous. Stove is empty. 😡

54F here today, so I skipped morning reloads. But then the stone part of the house was dipping cold by noon, so I loaded five gnarly pieces of hickory into one stove during lunch, which I guess was around 50-60% of the firebox capacity. Quick hot fire, warmed the place back up, and now ready for evening reload.

Haven't joined in this thread yet this season. Been burning strictly ash since the beginning of October. I just brought the last load in tonight of what I had staged on the back porch so I've burned a little under a cord since 10/8. Will reload the porch tomorrow with a mix of ash, red maple and cherry. Fired a full load of ash in the BK for the overnight at 10PM. Currently 35F headed for 26F overnight. 77F in the stove room, 71F in the living room and 68F in the bedrooms. Supposed to warm to the upper 40's tomorrow with some sun so this load should carry me until late tomorrow afternoon.

I'll take these warmer days, up here we'll get cold enough and that usually starts the last week of December.

We have an outside temp of 37.2 tonight, the basement started out at 75, up here is 70 and the sleeper is 69. The load in the Liberty tonight is 3 splits of ash with another 5 splits of pine.