What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had a low of 47.8 this morning, the temps up here were 68 to 69. We haven't had a fire yet so I'm not sure what the temp in the basement was this morning.

Well, chit. I loaded a half load at lunch time, closed the bypass, and then went out to work on a car. Forgot to turn the stove down.

No issues, it's a BK, the automatic thermostat protects it. But now it's 88F in my office, and I need to sit next to a hot computer in a hot room doing some work.

Yeah, no kidding. I was dressed like it was July, and still warm. Computers don't love it, either. I keep thinking about setting up for remote desktop, so I could put them somewhere cooler than the room with the stove, but graphics performance would really suffer. Oh well... off topic.

Stayed warm and rainy here, all day, but headed down to 34F by morning. Tomorrow is sunny but windy 42F. Will likely load both stoves this evening, full of oak and hickory on one, and less full or lesser species on the second. Got a real "mixed wagon" on the patio right now, which is not normal for me, but it keeps things interesting.

Well, chit. I loaded a half load at lunch time, closed the bypass, and then went out to work on a car. Forgot to turn the stove down.

No issues, it's a BK, the automatic thermostat protects it. But now it's 88F in my office, and I need to sit next to a hot computer in a hot room doing some work.
I can relate to this. My desk is this close to the stove.

Reactions: Ashful
It's 36.3 out tonight, the basement temp is starting out at 73 with the temps up here 70 to 72. The wood stove has another load of pine in it for the overnight heat.

It's still raining here, earlier today they called for snow starting at 10 tonight.

We had a low of 32.2 this morning, the basement started out at 69 with the temps up here 68 & 69. Another load of pine went in the wood stove this morning.

The rain changed to snow around 11:30 last night, unless we get more today, this snow won't be on the ground on Wednesday

Reactions: Gearhead660
Around ~40F all day with gusty wind. Currently about 66F in living room from this afternoon's load of ash and oak. Fully reloaded with ash and locust for the overnight low of ~30.

We have a temp of 24.1 tonight, the basement started out at 73 with the temps up here 68 & 69. The stove has some ash in it for some heat tonight.

Reactions: zmender
25 and breezy, big pile of coals yet from the overnight load I put in after last night's football debacle (if ever a game should have been a tie because nobody deserved to win... 'cept maybe the Vikings/Raiders game...)... It was ash, sugar maple and there's been some honey locust mixed in lately. Boy, that stuff coals forever! I can't hardly imagine what the ironwood is going to be like once I start mixing that in when it gets cold. Guessing I'll do a shoulder season load or two today.

Burning some very punky oak that i never should have brought home. And it got completely soaked in days of rain. Drying it out by the stove. Actually burns ok when dried out.

Just loaded the last scraps from my wagon into two stoves this morning. I am officially at 2.3 cords for the year, so far.

Gotta take the wagon down to the wood lot to fetch another half cord, this afternoon. We just had 2 inches of rain over the weekend, so a 5000 lb. tractor pulling a 2000 lb. wagon is gonna leave some marks in the lawn, unfortunately.

Ash and Maple Limb wood today. Need to pull more off the piles today. My wood boxes have about a days worth in it at the moment.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Our low this morning was 24.1, the basement temp started out at 70 with the temps up here 66 & 67. Another load of pine went in the wood stove this morning after coffee.

Just tossed on a chunk of pine to try to burn some coals down.

Been feeding it a couple of small pine splits at a time to keep it warm. It was 22 when I got up this morning and the same tonight. 55 right now and I'm being lazy, I don't want to cold start the girl.

Just loaded up a shoulder season load on what was left of last night's coals. Should have a good base for the overnight load later.

37F outside and going down to 28 tonight. Living room is toasty 70F. I topped off a hot stove with 3 splits locust + 2 biobricks. The stove is chugging ahead with good secondaries, even without opening throttle - 30%.