What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Nice. Is there a piece of door gasket missing? And get that floor protection as mentioned earlier😜
I'm assuming your talking about the black rectangle about mid door closest to the stove? If so it's not missing. I'm assuming it's where the ends meet and there's a extra little patch over them.

I'm assuming your talking about the black rectangle about mid door closest to the stove? If so it's not missing. I'm assuming it's where the ends meet and there's a extra little patch over them.
Oh ok. Then perfect.
In the picture looks like there is a gap. But it could be a patch too. All good

Reactions: Vg3200p
We had 33.2 this morning with the basement temp at 70, up here between 66 and 67 with the sleeper at 68. Another load of white pine went in the wood stove this morning.

Temps here have been in the high 50's and low 60's. The upstairs stove is loaded and teady to go I have been having a small fire in the basement stove here and there just to take the chill out of the house. It has been raining here for the last couple of days as well very damp.

Outside 36. Stoveroom 75 back of house 65. Ash maple and little bit of pine for overnight. Loving this bigger stove

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

It's 34.2 out tonight with heavy rain, the temps up here are 69 to 70 with the basement at 75. The Liberty received a load of ash and pine, four splits each.

Reactions: Vg3200p and NickW
We had 37.4 this morning with the basement temp at 72 and the temps up here between 68 - 69.

Another load of pine went in the wood stove this morning, I left the basement when it hit 79.

Reactions: Stove Cricket
Struggling to keep coal bed with the occasional mini splits and twigs - but all in all keeping living room well above 66F.

Split a huge armful of mini pieces about .5-1in thick this afternoon; I’ll be using lots of those to rekindle fire from tired coal bed in days to come….

Edit: forgot to mention ambient temperature is mid-50s in freakin Jan. Hence the struggle. I should be burning 3 full reloads per day but instead I’m burning 25% reloads 3 times per day.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Struggling to keep coal bed with the occasional mini splits and twigs - but all in all keeping living room well above 66F.

Split a huge armful of mini pieces about .5-1in thick this afternoon; I’ll be using lots of those to rekindle fire from tired coal bed in days to come….

Edit: forgot to mention ambient temperature is mid-50s in freakin Jan. Hence the struggle. I should be burning 3 full reloads per day but instead I’m burning 25% reloads 3 times per day.
More wood for next year.

The warmer temps have allowed us to burner 9 face cord of pine this winter ( a record amount for us) and not even two face cord of hardwood yet, another record amount for us.

We have brought home 28 bags of pellets so far this year from what we purchased in the spring but only have burned 17 so far.

We have some single digit temps at night coming up but really nothin cold or what we are use to in January. We're saving on the hardwood so far this year so I won't complain, we usually burn 12 face cord per year.

Reactions: zmender
It's 33.3 out tonight with the basement at 77 and the temps up here between 68 - 69. The wood stove saw another load of 4 and 4, ash and pine 4 splits each.

Overnight lows at 40 went to bed with the house at 70. Last fire built was 12 hours earlier. I let the house go cold overnight so I could at least get a decent fire this morning. Woke up to house at 63. Full load of ash. Supposed to start cooling down this weekend.

Let fire die out in the evening yesterday, thermal mass in the granites carried the living room last night. High of 44F today, dipping to low 30s tonight - relit a full load around 7 this morning and will probably reload before family starts to gather in living room late afternoon.

We had 30.5 this morning with the basement temp starting at 72, the temps up here were 67 and 68. Another load of pine went in the stove this morning.

Just a question here---can a person burn cardboard boxes in a wood burning stove--just curious since I have a lot of cardboard that I have stacked up and "saved" ..clancey