What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's 43 tonight with the temps up here at 70, the sleeper at 69 and the basement at 74 heading up. The last fire of 2022 is all white pine.

We had snow transition earlier today, there’s about 5” so far calling for around a foot by tomorrow afternoon. I’ll be plowing tomorrow morning before going back to work. Temp is 30 out house is 71. Last load this year will be pine followed by an elm/pine breakfast to start the year. Happy new year everyone.

Happy new year all.

Just a couple pine 1x packing scraps in the stove now. It's too warm here to need a fire (50F), but the stove has been empty for the past two weeks while we were visiting family. Seems like a new break-in fire is in order given all the warm and wet weather while we were gone. That's my excuse anyway.

Happy New Years everybody!
A balmy 37° in semi fashionable Raymond Wisconsin…
Got oak burning inside the Jøtul and a Virgin Mary near my hands…
Grilled a coupla nice ribeyes over FOGO and bourbon-barrel oak staves last night and still thinking about how wonderful they were.
Enjoy your day, folks!
Go Packers!

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

I have been gone since Friday afternoon, but temps have been in the 50's, and 60's here. I just lit both stoves back up to take the chill out of the house temps are in the low 40's now so a few small fires. To think a week ago we had zero and high wind.

Reactions: thewoodlands
A few splits here and there… keeping a coal base going. This morning cut about an armful of cord wood into 1-2in splits. Must say these past few days I’m reminiscing younger days where I’m trying to light up wood purchased from a gas station, in a tiny apartment fireplace.

Got the stove area cleaned up well. Had rain and 50’s the last few days. It is 39 now dropping to 32. Got a small fire going in the Vista mix of smaller hardwood splits. Stove temp around 500-525. Nice and comfortable. Wife warned me not to smoke us out if the house tonight 😂

Had some cool air coming down the flue. Kept door open for a bit to warm the firebox but still had a little smoke when lighting my top down startup. I use a mix of small kindling, kiln dried kindling, and two pieces of fatwood. Cracked the window and draft took hold with smoke going up the flue. Probably should have waited with door open longer before firing it up.

It's 35.2 tonight, we didn't burn much today so the Lopi Liberty has a load of pine and ash, four splits each for the overnight load.

The basement was 68 but it's up to 75, up here is between 68 and 69.

It's 35.2 tonight, we didn't burn much today so the Lopi Liberty has a load of pine and ash, four splits each for the overnight load.

The basement was 68 but it's up to 75, up here is between 68 and 69.
75 on my main floor now added two bigger cherry splits and got nice secondaries going. That’s it for the night or I will be sleeping outside!

50F this morning but it's gonna be overcast and raining all day, so built up a 60% load fire.

Only some very small amount, maybe a handful, of embers left this morning so I decided to start a new fire top-down.... before my kindling had a chance to even fully catch, interestingly my large locust splits on the bottom already caught fire. This makes my stove to have continuously burnt the "same" fire for a month now.

We had 32.3 this morning with the temps up here between 67 and 68 with the basement at 70. The wood stove received another load of pine this morning.

It's 30.6 out tonight with the stove room (basement) at 75, the rooms up here are 70 with the sleeper at 69. Just another load of pine for the overnight load.

Reactions: heavy hammer
48f here this morning. Loading every 24 hours now instead of every 12. This morning was a load of splitter turds. Shouldn't need anything until tomorrow morning.

We had 25.4 this morning with the temps up here between 66 to 68 and the basement temp at 70. Another load of pine went in the wood stove this morning.

Been running fir for the last few weeks, got some in the stove I put in around 12p and the load is smoldering along and will probably still be going in the am by the looks of it. It’s warm out, around 45. 73 in the house, I may let it go out tomorrow as a high in the 50s is forecasted.

It's 34 out tonight with the temps up here at 70, the sleeper is 69 and the basement is 74 heading up. The overnight fire is another load of white pine.

Temps dropping back down to somewhat seasonal today. Think we get down to 32. First full load in the new stove. Ash maple and cherry. There are 10 big splits in there. Old stove would've only fit 4 max

View attachment 306866
Nice. Is there a piece of door gasket missing? And get that floor protection as mentioned earlier😜