What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
14F overnight. Mixture of 23% MC hardwood (mostly oak) and biobricks in ~5in:1 brick ratio. Reloaded last night around 10:30, 7AM was nice thick coal bed. House stayed at 64F all night (furnace kicks in at 62).

Currently in the 20s but warming up, house is 71. Threw a couple more pine splits in for this morning while we wait on the solar energy.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Five years in, and this is still the most inanely boring thread I have ever seen.
If you have nothing to add to this topic, please refrain from commenting and move along. :)

it's actually 40ºF outside, clear sunny skies - not a cloud to be seen
...and my stove with burning oak inside it is keeping the furnace from running...
patio door cracked open a bit allowing some fresh air inside this home...
It's a perfect early February winter Sunday ;ex
i believe a Tanqueray & Schweppes may be in order...

We had - 11.4 last night before I hit the sleeper, when we had our first cup of coffee this morning it was -3.2.

Overnight I ran the pellet stove, we had 68 up here and 66 in the sleeper. We're back burning the wood stove today.

Coal mountain! I'm burning some gigantic logs I had. It's literally over half full of coals kind of funny lol. Just gonna be tossing on small splits one at a time and bark to resolve it over the next few hrs.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Ash and maple of this morning is done. Was 29 for a high today. Nice and sunny. Spent the afternoon outside cutting the last pieces of the wood that was in my driveway racks - a few were 22" or so and that's too long for my current stove. Then I disassembled the racks (and chipped the Christmas tree branches; still need to cut the trunk).

The driveway is nice and clear now. Will be relocating the basketball hoop to a better position..

Reloaded with ... Oak. (Red).

It's 29 now and it'll not get lower tonight. This week seems to be fairly mild; around 40 during the day and around 30 during the night. Tough to avoid cold starts if I also use the minisplit. We'll see.

Nice pic! What stove is that?

Plowed snow all weekend, kids were home by themselves during the day so NO fire all weekend, but just loaded with cherry and white oak with a small split of Osage. Secondary combustion engaged, probably check on it at lunchtime..

The oak from last night was done at 5 pm. Yes, while starting out at 29 F or so, it went up to 39 F today. But no solar heating as it was a dreary, foggy, rainy day...

I put 4 of the 2-3" cut offs of the splits I shortened yesterday on the coals, and now I reloaded. Ash, maple, and a punky oak knotty piece. Not a very tightly packed stove. 36 and rainy now, 36 and rainy all night. Tomorrow 40 and rainy. Blech. Keeping the stove on because it doesn't eat much, and it gives at least some ambiance during a gray day (yes, some orange glowing is better than a cold stove).

Last edited: