What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
15.8 tonight with five plus inches of snow on the ground, it's still snowing so we might get another five by morning. I have a load of the Maples and four rounds of Ironwood going in the Lopi Liberty.

We had a low of 11 last night with post and red oak for the heat. I loaded up this morning with red oak and post oak again with a high of 30 expected today and sunshine.

Reactions: MMH and NickW
Been burning a lot being home for the last 6 weeks....
Jøtul filled with oak...

With this extended cold snap I have been feeding the Princess a steady diet of White Oak and Locust...this stove always amazes me with the ultra steady heat output! I loaded up last night at 7:30 and it was 18 outside..after the stove had settled in the stove room was 77.0 degrees..when I awoke this morning at 8:30 the temp.was 10 degrees outside stove room was 76.2 degrees! I installed a Auber AT200 a couple days ago and like a kid with a new toy I was constantly monitoring the pipe temp..this proved to be ultra boring as it proved out what I already knew and the temp held extremely steady...

Reactions: MMH and Grizzerbear
2 days with a cold stove. Cleaned out the ashes, took the pipe off and ran a soot eater through. Brushed the cat. All looks good.

This morning was 51 outside, second day of dreary rain. It's 37 now, decreasing. I saw some sleet an hour back. I think we won't get ice.

I started the stove again at 11.30 this morning. It's good; it felt cold in the basement the last two days (even if it was 64 after a month of 24/7 burning there...)

Five years in, and this is still the most inanely boring thread I have ever seen.

• Wow
Reactions: JamesGuido
You're welcome.
Or you're welcome not to look at it...?

19 out with a low of 10 and ten inches of dry powdery snow on the ground. I've got some more red and post oak for overnight.

Reactions: MMH
28 right now, they give a24 for the low. We did get some freezing rain (I saw 1/20 of an inch on some wood outside), and now there is 1/2" of snow.
The stove has been loaded with oak. 69 in the home.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH
Got off work last night, wife had loaded the stove but her loads usually won’t last through the night so the propane kicked on this morning ugh; did a quick clean out this morning but left the stove cold. High was in the 30s today but had good sun so house didn’t dip down to bad, it was 66 around 730 when I started up again. Lows headed for around 10 +\- for tonight. A decent diet of pine mahogany and red elm went in.

Reloaded with a baby load of maple and ash at 11.30 to have enough heat for when some friends cover later today. Basketball game of my son now 😁

Had a temp of 15 this morning when I got up at 7. I slept late and the heat pump was in emergency mode. Yikes. First time I've had that happen this year but I was tuckered out from two overtime days in a row. I jumped up and loaded the stove with some more post and red oak. Its 37 out today with full sunshine and not a cloud in the sky.

That's the best weather to me; bright, not too hot to do stuff. But cold enough to warm up near the stove after being outside.

Was in the teens this morning when I finally rolled out of bed, threw some pine splits in. High of 30s today. Lows headed for around 10 again. Another load of pine and red elm. Oops looks like I may have double posted, my bad.
E3BC9164-70F0-4412-B1FB-DEE6E4ED36B3.jpeg

Reloaded yesterday at 7 pm or so with oak for overnight. I had about an hour of heat left now but as I have to leave, I reloaded with ash and maple.

I believe a low of 14 last night, 18 now, but heating up considerably to 30 for a high today. Bright and sunny crisp morning here.

Reactions: Grizzerbear and MMH