Mahindra 4540

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hammy the dealer was not able to shed any light on the subject, they didn't seem to know. Kennyp2339 my next step was to test these connectors back there to see if power is there. I think there is power there I just don't have test light. My little brother is a mechanic we have talked about these connectors and I will figure something out. If they don't have power I could always just run something directly off the battery with an in line fuse and a switch. One way or another I'll get some work lights on it.

Last edited:
The dead turkey in my post 615 that I brought back deeper into the woods was gone this morning, by the tracks that I saw the yote got it.

Grab a test light or low voltage meter and test the wires with both the lighting switch for the headlights on and off.

Mine is always on. I had to add my own switches. I think the lights they sell for these have a switch right on them. I have heard if others having them tied to the head lights.

Reactions: heavy hammer
I have seen both setups on amazon. The ones with the inline fuse and switch is a nice option plus the LED's have very little pull of the battery.

Reactions: Hammy
image1.png
Things will get wet real quick with all this rain, we'll see if this causes flooding where the camps/houses are just above the river elevation when it's running at a normal level.

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 243450
Things will get wet real quick with all this rain, we'll see if this causes flooding where the camps/houses are just above the river elevation when it's running at a normal level.
We are in for several days of rain, however I've come to realize Mainers have a loose definition of rain. Foggy mist is considered rain here.

We started with temps in the high 50's this morning and no rain at 430, but it has been down hill from there. I finally started a fire in the stoves again this morning with temps at 44 and rain at 10. It has rained all day with temps slowly dropping. The yard was dry not it is a swamp. Tomorrow is going to be close to 60 so everything is going to start turning green. I had the tractor out a little on Thursday, mowing season is right around the corner.

We are in for several days of rain, however I've come to realize Mainers have a loose definition of rain. Foggy mist is considered rain here.
These are the historic crest for the river across the road, we're at 7.6 feet with it expected to go over 8.3 if not higher. Some of the camps and houses that sit just above the elevation of the river might get wet.

Historic Crests
(1) 11.27 ft on 04/29/2011
(2) 9.80 ft on 05/11/1971
(3) 9.68 ft on 04/28/1993
(4) 9.22 ft on 01/19/1998
(5) 9.07 ft on 05/10/1972

The river won't affect you will it thewoodlands? With flooding.

The river won't affect you will it thewoodlands? With flooding.
No, at the 11.27 ft, it did get a few houses across the road on the river and a bunch more along the river four miles north of here.

I've been following the graphs for the water depths here and south of us which ends up here, they keep raising the forecast for the water levels.

Like I said in some earlier posts I hope this is not another wet year. If it is it looks like I'll be mowing a lot with the tractor. Just can make for a muddy mess here and there trying to do other projects. I have two large trees right at the edge of my woods to remove this year a giant ash and equally large maple. Some nice dry ground would be nice. A muddy tractor and saw gets old.

Like I said in some earlier posts I hope this is not another wet year. If it is it looks like I'll be mowing a lot with the tractor. Just can make for a muddy mess here and there trying to do other projects. I have two large trees right at the edge of my woods to remove this year a giant ash and equally large maple. Some nice dry ground would be nice. A muddy tractor and saw gets old.
This is normal for us so I'm thinking we'll dry up, I'm not sure how our summer will go but hopefully I can get down to the St. Lawrence River for a few walleye.

I'm thinking this rain with the warmer weather has gotten rid of the rest of the snow back where I'll grab more ash, I would like to cut about three cord which is ten face cord before June and then pick my days to cut in the summer.

The braciole is in the oven cooking, hopefully it will taste good. We used pork that I pounded down thinner and then made a paste using bread crumbs,water,sweet basil,parsley,pepper,salt,cheese,garlic and prosciutto chopped up fine.

After applying the paste to the pork I rolled them up and the boss tied them, I browned them in a pan and the put some sauce in a bigger pan so we could finish the cooking in the oven,

Attachments

• 101_2363.JPG
    101_2363.JPG
    709.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 101_2365.JPG
    101_2365.JPG
    626.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 101_2366.JPG
    101_2366.JPG
    725.2 KB · Views: 268
  • 101_2367.JPG
    101_2367.JPG
    933.3 KB · Views: 272
4E1E83F2-5FAA-4803-828C-7123849A4DAA.jpeg 0F47D021-C425-4840-9B6D-D066961FEBFA.jpeg 7610BD67-6AC7-4C19-B8D1-C1868D74A56C.jpeg

Sorry it has taken me so long to get these pics together. Pretty crazy around here with flooding (not our place but friends and family), taxing to get the house put back together for my daughters 5th birthday and the birthday events:). Oh yeah and lambing season went into overdrive and had 5 five birth in a 24 hour period.

The simple way to describe the wiring would be:
+ to the switch then to the + on the light
- wired right to the light.
To add more lights just split the + wire to them after the switch. If you want 2 switches just split the + then send each lead to the switch you want to use.

Does this make sense?

The flood waters are going down and life will slowly return to normal. Our house is back to normal so just some loose ends to tie up and build/install the vanity but that won’t be done a month or 2:). I have some doors to build as well but that will be done over the summer like the vanity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hammy what is your tractor model? Those leads you ran your lights off look just like what I have behind the right tail light on my tractor.

Reactions: Hammy and SpaceBus
Hammy what is your tractor model? Those leads you ran your lights off look just like what I have behind the right tail light on my tractor.

Yeah I would not be surprised if you don’t have the same 7.5 amp fuse in the same spot I have one. My tractor is 4010HST. I am pretty sure it’s just the older model of yours. All the specs and looks seem to be the same.

Hammy here is what my fuse box has a 10 amp fuse for the work lights so those leads should be hot.
20190502_184411.jpg
20190502_184507.jpg

I had a few different appointments the last couple of days so they're over with, since it was in the low 70's today I washed the rhino and the wifes's car. Tomorrow I'll get the sander/spreader on the tractor washed off,dried and greased before I take it off, I'll also wash the tractor off.