Mahindra 4540

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I shaved more ice off the driveway today and then I sanded it with the sander on the tractor using two bags of sand.. We finally started to get some sun today after 1 this afternoon which helped out.

Did I hear we might get a Nor'easter in the middle of this coming week? Maybe @SpaceBus should keep that snowblower on the back of his tractor.
2Faccuweather-bsp.s3.amazonaws.com%2Ffd%2F7d%2F733fc61747d294297f192bbc1a5b%2Ftuesday-night-snap.jpg

This means that areas from northeastern North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, northward to the eastern shore of Maryland, southern Delaware, New Jersey, Long Island, New York and eastern Massachusetts can expect a period of potentially damaging winds, coastal flooding, beach erosion and dangerous seas.

Winds may become strong enough along the coast to break tree limbs and cause sporadic power outages.

Communities that typically take on water during coastal storms, such as Norfolk, Virginia; Wildwood, New Jersey; and Situate, Massachusetts; should be prepared for some flooding.

Small craft should remain in port during this time. Cruise and shipping interests may need to alter their itinerary and schedule until the storm moves away later in the week.

Tides may peak at 2-3 feet above normal, and winds are likely to gust between 40 and 60 mph. Winds are expected to transition from the northeast to the north and then the northwest as the storm moves along.

Spring is coming but I hear you thewoodlands, We had 60's and sun yesterday. Rain and forties today possible snow Sunday. At least next week looks like warmer temps.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Spring is coming but I hear you thewoodlands, We had 60's and sun yesterday. Rain and forties today possible snow Sunday. At least next week looks like warmer temps.
I've always thought that after the end of the first week of April, winter ends for us.

Tomorrow will be a rainy day for us, over half an inch of rain or more forecast.

Reactions: Hammy
I shaved more ice off the driveway today and then I sanded it with the sander on the tractor using two bags of sand.. We finally started to get some sun today after 1 this afternoon which helped out.

Did I hear we might get a Nor'easter in the middle of this coming week? Maybe @SpaceBus should keep that snowblower on the back of his tractor.
View attachment 242840
This means that areas from northeastern North Carolina and southeastern Virginia, northward to the eastern shore of Maryland, southern Delaware, New Jersey, Long Island, New York and eastern Massachusetts can expect a period of potentially damaging winds, coastal flooding, beach erosion and dangerous seas.

Winds may become strong enough along the coast to break tree limbs and cause sporadic power outages.

Communities that typically take on water during coastal storms, such as Norfolk, Virginia; Wildwood, New Jersey; and Situate, Massachusetts; should be prepared for some flooding.

Small craft should remain in port during this time. Cruise and shipping interests may need to alter their itinerary and schedule until the storm moves away later in the week.

Tides may peak at 2-3 feet above normal, and winds are likely to gust between 40 and 60 mph. Winds are expected to transition from the northeast to the north and then the northwest as the storm moves along.

Heh, it's getting picked up on Tuesday for the hydraulic stuff.

Heh, it's getting picked up on Tuesday for the hydraulic stuff.
It will be a mess tomorrow if we get all the rain they're forecasting for this area, 53 degrees with 0.94 inches of rain. I'm hoping we lose all our ice since it will drop below 32 at night.

It ended up drizzling here for the last day or so. I thought it was going to drizzle here all day today, but seems like it might be a decent day.

It ended up drizzling here for the last day or so. I thought it was going to drizzle here all day today, but seems like it might be a decent day.
Its been raining pretty good this morning but all the gutters and downspouts are open so the water is away from the house. Hopefully we get into the 50's so I can shave more ice off the driveway.

Its been raining pretty good this morning but all the gutters and downspouts are open so the water is away from the house. Hopefully we get into the 50's so I can shave more ice off the driveway.
Ha, the assholes that hung the gutters on my house didn't extend the flashing into the gutters. They basically do nothing. It's really annoying and will be fixed soon. The previous owners of our house treated it like they couldn't afford proper maintenance, but it was their vacation home. I'm just glad this storm basically died to nothing before making it here.

Ha, the assholes that hung the gutters on my house didn't extend the flashing into the gutters. They basically do nothing. It's really annoying and will be fixed soon. The previous owners of our house treated it like they couldn't afford proper maintenance, but it was their vacation home. I'm just glad this storm basically died to nothing before making it here.
We don't have flashing into the gutters either, does that put me in the group of aholes? ;) We'll need some sun with warmer temps to get rid of the ice on the driveway and the walking trails, hopefully by the end of next week the majority of the ice on the driveway will be gone.

Reactions: SpaceBus
We don't have flashing into the gutters either, does that put me in the group of aholes? ;) We'll need some sun with warmer temps to get rid of the ice on the driveway and the walking trails, hopefully by the end of next week the majority of the ice on the driveway will be gone.
The ice and snow have melted quickly on the coast. Mud season is in full swing. We have ice in shady areas, especially the north side of the house, but it's mostly gone thankfully. Our steep driveway is finally thawed.

The ice and snow have melted quickly on the coast. Mud season is in full swing. We have ice in shady areas, especially the north side of the house, but it's mostly gone thankfully. Our steep driveway is finally thawed.
That's always good when you lose the ice on the driveway, the sander makes doing our driveway a bit safer compared to the old way. The only part of our driveway that has a incline has lost the ice or is all shelled up from the sun hitting it.

I have a bunch of work that we want done by fall, we'll see how much I get done.
1. Increase the wood inventory
2. Scrape and then paint the porch
3. New walking trail for the wife
4.We would like a cement sidewalk/ we plan on doing it
5. Check the bigger piece of property to keep the trails open and grab any downed wood.
6. Get some walleye this spring/summer
7. Do some milling
8.Get sand ready for next winter
9.Work on the inside of new garage/seal the cement blocks on the inside
10. Grade the low side of the house so the water stays further away from the foundation.
11.Dig out some stumps from last years felling of the pines.

Reactions: Hammy and SpaceBus
I shaved more ice/slush off the driveway and then did some sanding, it's getting down to the crushed stone so hopefully mother nature does the rest.

Reactions: heavy hammer
My yard was bone dry until yesterday afternoon. Now I'm back to a soggy yard but temps are in the mid 50's. Possible snow tomorrow and 30's but next week looks promising for temps. 50's most of the week. I have been lucky with wood lately, I'm on this job where we are replacing all these cedar transmission poles out and I'm getting a lot of the wood. The stuff is bone dry and burns nice and hot great for those quick fires to heat the house up to keep the chill out.

My yard was bone dry until yesterday afternoon. Now I'm back to a soggy yard but temps are in the mid 50's. Possible snow tomorrow and 30's but next week looks promising for temps. 50's most of the week. I have been lucky with wood lately, I'm on this job where we are replacing all these cedar transmission poles out and I'm getting a lot of the wood. The stuff is bone dry and burns nice and hot great for those quick fires to heat the house up to keep the chill out.
Certain areas where the waters been running are all mud, hopefully this week we'll turn the corner weather wise. We put in more wood and then I put the plow back on the tractor, we have a chance of getting five inches of snow today & tonight.

We might drop to 16 tonight so we'll burn that last bag of pellets along with a fire in the liberty,

Going to get in the low to mid 20's tonight and tomorrow but the rest of the week has high's in the 50's. I still have a few loads of locust in the garage that I'll probably use to keep the house warm. I'm hoping this is the last bit of winter.

uweather-bsp.s3.amazonaws.com%2F2d%2F65%2F21c4d23e4bb68796570243056588%2Fscenario-1-new-march-31.jpg

cuweather-bsp.s3.amazonaws.com%2F1c%2Ffb%2Fe026d9dd46c2878df08cbbea2717%2Fless-scenario-march-31.jpg

We'll see how much these change.

I was just looking forward to some sun.
We haven't had much sun but Tuesday and Wednesday we might hit 50 so tomorrow I'll sharpen some chains for some different size bars so once I can get at some ash, I'll be ready.

We haven't had much sun but Tuesday and Wednesday we might hit 50 so tomorrow I'll sharpen some chains for some different size bars so once I can get at some ash, I'll be ready.
Yeah, I've got to deal with some chains myself. The chain on my bucking saw has about one more tank left before it needs to be filed. My limbing saw is beyond the point, but the greenhorn at the dealer gave me the wrong chain. Really it's my fault for not checking it before I left.

It actually turned out decent today despite the forecast. Took my German Shepherd out into town with me to run errands. Most of the really persistent ice has melted with the remainder not far behind with the rain having picked up in the last few hours.

Yeah, I've got to deal with some chains myself. The chain on my bucking saw has about one more tank left before it needs to be filed. My limbing saw is beyond the point, but the greenhorn at the dealer gave me the wrong chain. Really it's my fault for not checking it before I left.

It actually turned out decent today despite the forecast. Took my German Shepherd out into town with me to run errands. Most of the really persistent ice has melted with the remainder not far behind with the rain having picked up in the last few hours.
Last year when the frost was coming out of the ground, I was still felling pine where the new garage would be built and then moved the logs out to a different area so I put a hurting on some of the trails with the tractor, this year I'll use the rhino more until things firm up.

We received about 4 inches of snow so I'll plow the driveway again.....hopefully for the last time. I'll put the roof rake away and then run the gas out of the carbs on the snow blower and drain the gas tank.

Last year when the frost was coming out of the ground, I was still felling pine where the new garage would be built and then moved the logs out to a different area so I put a hurting on some of the trails with the tractor, this year I'll use the rhino more until things firm up.

I am thinking about a SxS at some point so I'm not driving the tractor all the time.

Hammy lights look great! Could you show how you wired them in? Are they from the battery with an in line fuse? Could you show the box where you ran the lights into the switch.

Sorry this response took so long. I have a lot going on right now and don’t get much time on the forums but that should change soon:). The lights are pretty easy. The accessory wires on the back of my tractor came right off the fuse box. The fuse is 5 amp if I remember correctly. You won’t need an in-line fuse if yours is setup like mine and come right off the fuse box. It’s probably in your electrical diagram in your manual. There should be map of your fuses. One should say rear work light or accessory.

It’s probably easier to describe how to hook up one light first then once you have that you will understand running all 4. Think of the 2 wires on the back of the tractor like the terminals on the battery. One positive and one negative.

Connect the positive wire from the back of the tractor to the positive on the light then do the same for the negative. The light will be on all the time since my accessory wires are live all the time. If you run the positive wire from the back of tractor into a switch then hook the positive wire from light into the switch you will be able to turn it off

This is what I did: I ran the positive and negative from the back of the tractor into a regular outdoor weatherproof box (like you would have on a house for an outdoor outlet but with a solid plate on it like a junction box). I split the positives to 2 wires and ran each one to a switch mounted to the box. The negative wire I just saldered to the 4 wires that run to each light. The positive splits to 2 wires off the other end of the switch to run to each light. 2 forward and 2 rear. Each light needs a positive and a negative.

Not sure if any of this makes sense to you at all but it’s the best I have:). If you have anymore questions I will do my best to answer them but I am no pro.