EV developments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I have a seen couple Rivians on the road around Southeastern Wisconsin. Including one transport unit with 4 of them on it heading north on I41. I have also seen delivery vans for UPS -electric being hauled north along I41 a coulpe months back. I can not remember the make on ups units. Just rememberd Rivian
If BYD truly wants to sell cars stateside, based on history of Japanese imports , they will have to build plants here. I do not know how the taxes are set up. Japanese assembly here started by bringing in sub assemblies to beat those in the 70/80's era

Reactions: EbS-P
My guess is VW will sell more somewhat conventional looking Scouts compared to Cybertrucks.

software expertise. This is an area where they have fallen behind and it's holding up development.
I think their software department is quite capable, but has focused on other things than managing EVs...

(diesel test faking)

I think their software department is quite capable, but has focused on other things than managing EVs...

(diesel test faking)
It's been lagging for their EVs. The lack of promised updates is a common complaint amongst ID.4 owners. Evidently this is also holding up Porche and Audi product development according to the article.

Last edited:
Nice blend, Rivian's really needs a company that can get their mass production skills down and apparently VW and Audi needs the software skills. Hope it works out.

Last edited:
Nice blend, Rivian's really needs a company that can get their mass production skills down and apparently VW and Audi needs the software skills. Hope it work out.
I think it would be a good combination.