2023 Severe Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@EatenByLimestone @joop , we received just over half an inch of rain yesterday & last night.

I saw that certain towns in Vermont received 3 to 6 inches of rain from the same storms.

• Wow
Reactions: begreen
My basement stayed dry this go around, but I’ve been hearing thunder for the last few hours. Could be a big, slow moving storm.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Looks like it's heading south of you, into the Catskills. There are still some storms in southern VT and NH too. Not that they need them.

My basement stayed dry this go around, but I’ve been hearing thunder for the last few hours. Could be a big, slow moving storm.
Most of the heavy rains stayed north of us by 10 miles and south of us, there were a few times it looked like mother nature was going to unload on us so I called it a day.

I was in the house about 1 hour and the sun came out but since everything is pretty wet out, I stayed inside off the trails.

I think our next chance of severe weather is Monday but todays report didn't have us in the red area, we'll see if that changes.

Last edited:
Just rain and thunderstorms here.
Hi @EatenByLimestone ,

I was just looking at the forecast for our area from Monday through Tuesday night, on the low end they have us getting 1.5 inches and the high end of the rainfall forecast 2.25 inches, what is your area in for?

It looks like we'll get a bunch of rain again starting tomorrow, our local news said some places could get up to four inches.

They're out of Watertown NY and I thought he said Lewis County is one of the areas that could get four inches of rain.
2023 Severe Weather

1.5 inches wouldn't even be a blip on the radar, down here, although your 60 - 70 mph winds is a good blow. We've had multiple 3" storms this summer, it's been an unusually wet July here.

I’m not sure what’s in the near future. It was raining pretty hard this morning.

I’m not sure what’s in the near future. It was raining pretty hard this morning.
We had just enough rain that it changed the color of the road, it has actually been a nice day.

I had some appointments today which broke up the day so when I came home, I helped the wife cleaning some siding off, that part of the house is done.

Just had a mother of a storm blow thru here in the last hour. Watched a big branch fall off the recently-pruned walnuts outside my office window. :mad:

Will check the rain gauge when I run an errand later.

Deer River NY, I think this is in Lewis County.

Most of this rain fell overnight, we received 20 mm or 0.787 of rain. Yesterday the heaviest rains stayed west of us tracking north and today they look like they're staying east of us heading north.

this summer had first tornado warning in the history of montreal
Some crazy azz weather lately, makes you wonder what type of winter we'll get.

Reactions: woodey
It was dry today. It was wonderful! I spent about an hour and a half in an attic. That wasn’t all that wonderful with the sun out. But all my pores have been flushed out! Lol

Forgot to check my rain gauge, but a 5-gallon bucket which is almost straight-sided had at least 2.5 inches in the bottom.

We ended up with 42 mm of rain or 1.654 inches.

Hey, we're supposed to be the wet ones. This is totally the opposite of our weather.

Feel free to take some water! I’d like to see a dry basement sometime soon!

Hey, we're supposed to be the wet ones. This is totally the opposite of our weather.
I've always worried about what is usually a dry month of August here but after a very wet July and with August starting out the same, I'm more pissed that we didn't have a summer.

I'll just hope for the last two weeks of August and the month of September is better, but usually September is a real wet month for us.

More possible heavy rains with a lightning coming in this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.