What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 23.9 this morning before coffee, the basement temp started out at 72, both living area temps were 67 with the sleeper temp at 68.

I have the pellet stove going in one corner and the wood stove with a load of maple going in the other corner, that should get things warmer up here quicker.

Reactions: Bobbob and NickW
Still loading both stoves every night, with a full load in one and a partial in the other. They burn out by noon the next day, as we are warm enough here in the afternoons this week, to not need the additional heat.

33 this morning. One top down start and one reload. Got house up to temp. Just AM starts for now. Using wood in hand and some cutoffs. Don’t want to pull from a new stack.

Was good this morning temperature wise after last night's load. Warm day with solar gains. Currently 60 outside windy & sunny, 70 downstairs, 71 upstairs. Still milking the coals along trying to get them to tonight's load if I have one. Only going down to mid 40's, so if I do it will probably just be a shoulder season load.

We have an outside temp of 28.4 tonight, the basement temp is starting off at 75, both temps in the living area are 72 with the sleeper temp at 71. After having both stoves going this morning, the fan on the wood stove was shut off & we ran the pellet stove all day on the low setting.

Tonight we have another load of beech in the wood stove.

...up at 0430 to keep it going...filled it up with ash and a few apple twigs
43F with real feel at 39
keeping that elec bill at bay!

Left it burning with apple+ash+oak
It has warmed up, but no sun…I’ll see later today if I keep it going or not

We had a low of 25.9 this morning, the basement temp started out at 73, both living area temps were 70 with the sleeper temp at 69.

After my first cup of coffee, I put five splits of maple in the wood stove.

We have an outside temp of 31.1 tonight, the basement temp is starting out at 75, both living area temps are 71 with the sleeper at 69.

After supper I ran the pellet stove on medium in the low setting, that was shut off just before I started the overnight fire in the wood stove. That load has some beech, ironwood and some maple in it.

No fire yesterday with it sunny and 67, no overnight fire. Currently 34 outside, 67 upstairs and 66 downstairs. Pine and aspen fire to take the chill off. Sunny with a high of 61 forecast today.

Getting excited about a trip to the Northwoods this weekend with a trailer full of boxes. Haven't been there since October due to remodeling, holidays, and vehicle issues. My plan to have the house on the market by March has become May at the earliest...

We had a low of 27 this morning before coffee, the basement temp started off at 73, both living area temps were 69 with the sleeper temp at 69.

I took ashes out this morning from the wood stove that went into a metal garbage can and then we started up the pellet stove .

Cold this morning at 32. Top down start got the stove hot cruising at 650. Used up some wood that I had near the stove and my last biobrick. Let is die out. 55 this afternoon.

Stove is cold; but fire pit is disposing of branches, splitter scraps, stump & root wood, and old plywood paneling.
17103760673302153165194398047909.jpg

This morning we had an outside temp of 28.9, the basement temp started out at 70, both living area temps were 68 with the sleeper at 69. We didn't run any type of heat overnight.

Tonight the outside temp is 41.7, the basement temp started out at 73, both living area temps are 73 with the sleeper at 70. We did run the pellet stove on low after supper (that was shut off) the wood stove has some soft maple going in it for the overnight heat.

Reactions: Bobbob
We had an outside temp of 38.1 this morning, the basement temp started off at 72, the living area temps were 71 & 72 with the sleeper temp at 70.

After coffee, I made a five split pine fire.

We had a low of 34.3 this morning, the basement temp started out at 72, both living area temps are 70 with the sleeper temp at 69.

Nothing for heat so far but I can see a shoulder season fire being started later.

No fire for the past few days, but yesterday AM the house was 65 upon waking up, it dipped down to 63 before the sun came around. By afternoon we got to 67 inside. I put 8 splits in last night around 7, as low 40s were the overnight temps, cloudy and high in the upper 40s today, 70 inside. Should be the norm for the next few days.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Last night we had an outside temp of 38.3, the basement started out at 75 (from the pellet stove) both temps in the living area were 71 with the sleeper at 69. We did have a five split fire in the wood stove after I shut the pellet stove off.

This morning we had a low of 36.5, the basement temp started out at 72, both living area temps were 69 along with the temp in the sleeper. The pellet stove is on the highest setting on low.

Just got home from the Northwoods. Had some nice fires in the Stratford II while up there. Loaded the NC30 with a good size load of pine and aspen as the house is 60 degrees. Letting it rip, then will have a full load of ash and ironwood tonight. It's currently 28 outside and windy. Will be steady burning again for awhile as there's no 50's in the forecast for at least 2 weeks and lows in the 20's & 30's.