What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Woke up to light rain and 38. House was 67. I loaded more chucks than I should have 😊 STT 650. Stove floor now 75.

Busy on youtube and almost completely down the coals 🥵

Caught it in time, tossed in a handful of kindling + reloaded with more twisties and gnarly uglies.

BTW was watching this (completely unrelated to the forum):

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 32.4 this morning with snow on the ground from overnight, the basement was 71 this morning and the temps up here at 68.

The rains came when I was getting ready to work outside.

The outside temp tonight is 36.5, the basement is starting out at 72 and the temps up here at 70. I have a load of ash in the wood stove for our overnight heat.

Reactions: zmender
50F outside and drizzling. Going down to a low of 39 tonight. Living room maintained 66F but starting to cool down.

Still had a decent coal base from last night's fire. Reloaded with more ash and locust uglies.

Reactions: Wildflush
Roughly the same here, but a few degrees cooler overnight, since I'm probably a little further inland than you. One of my favorite parts of moving to working from home on days like this, is having a wood stove and leather couch both in my office, within 15 feet of my desk chair.

Of course, the worst part is that I'm never more than a few feet away from my desk.

It's 34.8 tonight heading down to 27, the basement is starting off at 77 and the temps up here 70 to 72, a load of ash is in the Lopi Liberty.

Reactions: NickW and zmender
Second burn of the season. May be our last season with an open fireplace since we’re planning on a chimney rebuild due to some needed repairs, and will likely get an insert. 2.5 year old oak, used some Simple Simon birch and a super cedar to get it burning hot top down.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

House was 65 this morning since did not have a fire going, last night. 40 outside temp now. Got a mix split of oak and maple with some various chunks added to heat up the house. Tonight 20’s so will restart early evening.

The low this morning was 26.4, the basement temp was still 73 before the morning fire and the temps up here were 69 tp 70.

Reactions: NickW and zmender
33 outside, 73 in the stove room, 70 upstairs. Good pile of coals in the stove yet from last night and looking like we'll have good solar gains today. No fire for now, just fired up the coals and charcoal. Possibly will do a shoulder season fire this afternoon to have coals for the overnight load.

The temps up here are back to 71 & 72, I'm burning some chunks of Aspen in the stove. The low for tonight should be around 25 and tomorrow night 19.

It is going down to low 20s tonight. For the first time this season I loaded the stove with 100% hard maple. Till now it was 95% hemlock. I had to load E/W, the splits were 20” long. Not my favorite loading strategy but I still should not have to reload until sometime tomorrow afternoon.

The outside temp tonight is 29.5, before the overnight load the basement temp is 77, the temps up here are 69 & 70. Another load of ash is in the wood stove for our overnight heat.

Was 28 last night. Loaded stove at 11pm with oak splits and chunks. House was 67 this morning with stove still warm. Heat never called since set to 64. Just loaded at 8am with some cherry, maple, oak and a Biobrick.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 28.6 this morning, the basement was 72 with the temps up here 68. After our second cup of coffee, I loaded the stove up with Bigtooth Quaking Aspen.

The wife had the basement at 77 before she started another fire when I came in from working outside, the temps up here are 69 & 70.

We have an outside temp of 21.4 tonight, NOAA is calling for a low of 20. The basement started off at 72 with the temps up here 68 & 69, the wood stove has a load of ash going for our overnight heat.

We had a low of 19.2 this morning, the basement was 72 and the temps up here at 67. Another load of Aspen went in on top of some nice coals this morning.

NOAA has us hitting a high of 36 today with the rest of the week being warmer.

Reactions: Wildflush
24 this morning. House was cool heat kicked in early morning. Loaded a full loaded of oak and chucks total of 10 pieces. House quickly got to 73. Reloaded smaller load at 11am with a cherry splits and a biobrick and oak ugly. Won’t start again until early evening.

We're at 31.6 tonight, the basement started off at 73 and the temps up here at 69 & 70. We have four splits of aspen and four of ash in the wood stove tonight.

Reactions: zmender