What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We got our first dusting last night. Inside I'm burning 3 year old red oak and it's amazing. Took these is right after a reload so there's even a little smoke for a quaint picture!

View attachment 318671View attachment 318672
Excellent pics! Your property looks great. I resplit some red oak I had indoors yesterday and I’m at 14%. Have it burning now with great secondaries. Right now I’m at 575 STT and still climbing.

Actually had to close my air down since very strong draft and wild secondaries. I love oak once ready 👍

Actually had to close my air down since very strong draft and wild secondaries. I love oak once ready 👍
Yeah my stove runs hot so I actually can't even fully load the stove with nice and dry oak or it will get too hot. I have it pretty full this morning and it's pushing 750 STT. I prefer to run it around 650-700 so I tend to stick with 75% loads.

I’m at 625 STT now about 50% load. My target is 650 max.

I’m at 625 STT now about 50% load. My target is 650 max.
I put too much wood in lol. Wife is happy as a clam though all toasty so was it really too much? 🤔

Reactions: Wildflush
I put too much wood in lol. Wife is happy as a clam though all toasty so was it really too much? 🤔

View attachment 318678
Lol! I did a reload yesterday and downstairs was 77. My wife and daughter said it was like being on Captiva Island! They were not happy and cracked a window. 73 on main floor now so no reload today 😂

We had a low of 31.1 this morning, the basement started off at 72 with the temps up here 67 & 68. A load of not so great pine and aspen just went in the Lopi.

Sometimes it's more about what's in front of the stove!

Yes, she is alive, just verified. Just catching up on her usual 21 hours of sleep per day.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now? What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

It’s pics like these the remind me how much I miss my brace of Springers!

Reactions: Ashful
28 this morning. House cool 65 on main floor. Load of oak went in. 600 STT and climbing.

No fire today or tomorrow probably. Overnight lows in the 40's, highs in the 60's and sunny so we'll have solar gains. A little cool in the house right now.

I didn't bother this morning. It's 66 in here and 26 outside but the wife going into the office and it's going to be 50 and sunny. No sense wasting good wood, the solar and heat pump can do the work today.

Getting new Carpet installed today in the room with the insert, so just ash and withering coals today. Getting Oil Burner flue swept tomorrow and Cap put on, so probably no fire tomorrow either.

We had 28.2 this morning, the basement was 68 with the temps up here 65. I did a small aspen & pine fire last night and then shut the fan off when the temp in the basement hit 74.

The fire this morning was all aspen, the basement temp is at 79 with the temp up here 67 heading up.

I didn't bother this morning. It's 66 in here and 26 outside but the wife going into the office and it's going to be 50 and sunny. No sense wasting good wood, the solar and heat pump can do the work today.
Two and a half full loads for us today, and our overnight low was 10F warmer than yours!

Overnight lows around freezing, daytime highs in the mid 40s. Actually have occasional clear skies forecast for a few days. Increased the stove air all the way up to 1/3 or so for part of the day.

Burning the usual PNW mix of hemlock and alder, with an occasional split of cherry.

Reactions: thewoodlands
This 25 night and 50 day cycle we're in is actually perfect sugaring weather. I hope we get some this spring, it was a bust last year.

Reactions: NHWS and Ashful
We have an outside temp of 36.1 tonight, the basement is starting off at 75 before the overnight fire with the temps up here at 70.

The load for the liberty tonight is 4 splits of aspen and 4 splits of pine. NOAA is calling for a low of 35 for tomorrow morning.

How much do you get in a good year?
I don't want to hijack the thread but anywhere from 2-5 gallons of finished product from around 20 trees. I live on an old Apple orchard smack in the middle of an oak/maple stand with woods on 3 sides so I have lots of availability it's just how much work do I want to do. It's a labor of love for sure. I have 30 marked for this year so we'll see! I'll have a thread about it going when the time comes.

No fire this morning. It's still 65 in here and will be 50+ and sunny today. The sun will carry the load.

Reactions: NHWS and Wildflush
No fire for a few days. Heat pump to take the chill off than the sun does the rest.

We had a low of 33.1 this morning, the temps up here were 69.

It's 36 out tonight, the basement is starting out at 75 and the temps up here at 70. The overnight load is more aspen & pine.