What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Winter weather advisories extended for tonight, lows around 10-20; another full load of pine in. Cold air coming behind the storm starting Thursday with highs in the 0-20 and lows of 0-10, probably negative with wind chills.
How many hours of burn time do you expect with a full load of pine?

Burning some scrap pieces and a punky branch segment

How many hours of burn time do you expect with a full load of pine?
I can usually get 10-14 hours depending on how hard I’m running the stove, even in weather like this I have no problem on 12 hour cycles.

Last day of the storm went out with a bang, blowing snow and drifts, driving home tonight was near 0 visibility at times; I’ll be plowing again in the morning. The cold weathers setting in now. Tonight’s load is mostly red elm with a splash of pine.

Partial loaded stove afternoon around 6pm, but lost more heat in living room overnight than expected.. 59F in living room, 43F outside.

Lit up a few biobricks with the remaining coal and a few twigs, once burning nicely loaded 75% with oak shorts. It'll be mid-60s today and I just need to bump living room back up to around high 60s.

57F inside downstairs this morning. But i'm still holding out and will open windows in a couple hours to bring in the mid to high 60's today.

Wednesday morning our temp was 22.6, the temp up here was 69 and 75 in the basement. We had a pine fire this morning but nothing is planned for tonight.

Today the high temp in the sun was 68 and the temp up here hit 74.

We had mid 70s here yesterday but a cold front moved through around mid night and its 36 out now. I have a load of post oak and hickory in the stove now. After a long streak of warm weather it looks like we will finally be burning regularly here with 40s for the highs and lows in the 20s for the foreseeable forecast.

I didn't look at the temp this morning (around 50?) but we had one shoulder season fire, the house temp is 72.

Reactions: MMH
Yesterday....70* riding bike in tee shirt, house windows open.
Today....high mid 30s and windy. Will be like that for week or so. Fired up Myra this morning.

We're getting some heavy rains tonight (we needed it) the temp outside is 60 and the house temp is 71 to 69 depending on what room you're in, no fire tonight.

Sunday the temps start cooling off, we'll stick with pine but if we need it we'll burn pine with some hardwood at night. If they call for temps below 20 at night, we might use the pellet stove set on a medium heat output, that should keep the temps up here 69 or 70.

Its 32 out now with a low of 24 tonight and it's looking like we might start getting some light snow here in a few minutes judging by the weather radar which would be our first of the season. I have a load of hickory and red oak going for the overnight. Up bright and early tomorrow for deer season. I'll be stoking the buck before I head out in the morning.

35 outside and burning the exact same as Grizzerbear, red oak and hickory. It was 75 yesterday and beautiful but it looks like winter is here now, the 10 day forecast is looking pretty cold. I think the low tonight is supposed to be 29 and 22 tomorrow.

Its 32 out now with a low of 24 tonight and it's looking like we might start getting some light snow here in a few minutes judging by the weather radar which would be our first of the season. I have a load of hickory and red oak going for the overnight. Up bright and early tomorrow for deer season. I'll be stoking the buck before I head out in the morning.
Good luck! Season doesn't start here until next Saturday. Had a nice 10pt trot across the road in front of me on the way to vote Tuesday morning about 8:00...

Woke up this morning an inch of snow and 28 degrees. Loaded up last night around 10:30pm , about half a load. Still 72 in the house. Small house, big stove. Glad we went that route. You can always add less wood but you can't add more than the stove will hold.

We have had a warm dry fall here. I rode my motorcycle to work three days this week! That changed on Friday, I think my riding days are done until spring. The 10 day forecast is for highs in the low to mid 30's and lows in the 20's. Not that cold yet but it changed in a hurry from the unusually warm weather we were seeing.
This morning the wood furnace is happy with a diet of elm and ash!