What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We received around 2.65 inches of rain overnight and this morning, I'm thinking our outside temp this morning was around 52.

The house was still 69 and 70 before the first cup of coffee but I still made a pine fire and then before I headed outside, I threw some cookies in, the temp up here is still 72.

We received around 2.65 inches of rain overnight and this morning, I'm thinking our outside temp this morning was around 52.

The house was still 69 and 70 before the first cup of coffee but I still made a pine fire and then before I headed outside, I threw some cookies in, the temp up here is still 72.
Important question...what kind of cookies?

Woke up this morning and inside temp was 67 because I didn’t do my due diligence and burn down coals so I had a small packed night load for a single digit night. Still not to bad considering low was near 0 and I was only able to throw 5-6 pieces in. High was 27 today, was burning down coals all day. Tonight’s low headed for around 10-15 I’ll be doing a full load of pine tonight to keep the coal train down.

It's 42.8 out tonight, the temp up here is between 70 to 72 depending on what room you're in. The basement was 75 before I started a pine fire.

34 out right now. Got the stove going right after the coffee. Last load in at 9pm and good coals this morning. I have her full of silver maple and a few chuncks of ash

Small load of Ash. Wet and cold outside, warm and toasty inside

We have had a warm dry fall here. I rode my motorcycle to work three days this week! That changed on Friday, I think my riding days are done until spring. The 10 day forecast is for highs in the low to mid 30's and lows in the 20's. Not that cold yet but it changed in a hurry from the unusually warm weather we were seeing.
This morning the wood furnace is happy with a diet of elm and ash!

View attachment 302584
I don't consider riding season over until the snow flies! Well, enough to have salt and sand spread anyway.

I have just put my first fire of the season on
It is 0::C and the real feel (wind chill) is -10::C
Latest I have ever lit. the furnace in my 43 years
of heating with wood . Some kindling and 5 splits
of sugar maple house is a comfy 22::C

Finally starting to cool off in NJ highs of 40s next week with mid 20s overnight. Stove room 61 today so I’ve got a load of walnut and catalpa in right now to take the chill off.

Getting up to 61 today so I’m finally gonna get to winterize the garden before it gets too cold.

It was 44.3 this morning and then dropped real quick to 33. Before our first fire, the dining room was 69.5, the basement was 72, the bedroom and the living room were 70.

The first fire (pine) had the temp up here at 72 and the high in the basement hit 79.

Reactions: stoveliker and MMH
First lighting this afernoon. 46 F and falling to 36 overnight.

A few pieces of 4 year old (red) oak. And 4 year old cedar cut offs to get the thing going. Will reload with oak for overnight.

The cut offs are almost branch like from some trees that were on the border between me and a neighbor. 3-5" dia. My previous stove could take longer pieces (E/W sideloader), so now I have to cut some shorter. But it's good material for an easy starter fire, and for tiding me over when needed for a few hours until the evening reload.