What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Currently high teens out, headed for around 10 tonight. House is 73 right now. A nice healthy load of mahogany red elm and some pine.

We had 35.9 this morning so we had a shoulder season fire.

Reactions: Bobbob and MMH
Temps in the 30s out. Another load of pine in for tonight. Winter storm watch this weekend-next week calling for heavy snow and possible power outages, we’ll see. I restocked our porch wood supply and moved some elm and mahogany in for the single digit nights after the storm passes through.

We had 57.3 this morning, we didn't need a fire but I promised the wife last night that we would have one.

I think the outside temp back here hit 73 today, the house temp is 72.

Sprinkled most of the day today, cloudy and windy out. Temps currently in the high 30-low 40 range lows headed for around 30. More pine tonight, house is 72.

Accu is calling for a low of 29, it's in the low 40's out with some cutoffs going in the Lopi, the temp up here is 70.

Once everything burns down to coals, I'll have a fire with some pine splits later.

We had a low of 32 this morning, after voting I did some work outside and started our first fire about an hour ago. The temp in here is 68.

What a change in the weather in 72h. Going from low 70s on Sat/Sun to 38 this morning. Was at the lake Fri-Mon did not dare to light up. Had doors and windows open most Sat. Will likely be putting winter wheels in the next couple of days😝

Yep maybe 30 degrees tonight In CT . I’m burning a standing dead black birch that I cut down and split on Sunday. It was a bit punky with a core of solid wood- I almost left it in the woods but I figured id give it a shot as it seemed pretty dry. Holy cow is it burning nice. I’ve never had luck with standing dead wood and actually had it be dry enough to immediately burn, this is a first.

We're at 26.4 tonight, Accu us calling for a low of 19. We're running the pellet stove for the first time since last spring, the temp up here is 71.

Reactions: stoveliker and MMH
Winter weather advisories extended for tonight, lows around 10-20; another full load of pine in. Cold air coming behind the storm starting Thursday with highs in the 0-20 and lows of 0-10, probably negative with wind chills.

Burning down a load of pine coals so I can reload for night.

Going to be -29c (-20f) here tonight. We had an extremely warm August, September, and October. November is not following that trend.

View attachment 302352
Wow! Stay warm Alberta!

Burning down a load of pine coals so I can reload for night.

Going to be -29c (-20f) here tonight. We had an extremely warm August, September, and October. November is not following that trend.

View attachment 302352

Wow that's really cold, had to re-read it in case my eyes playing trick on me.

I grew up in Calgary and usually Halloween lined up with first snow. -30C in November is crazy