What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had a low of 24.5 this morning, the house temp was 68. We had a fire early and the wife made another fire when I was gone, the house temp is 71.

Low of 36 tonight. Probably last burn for almost a week. Gonna be warm here. Ash maple pine and cherry for overnight. House almost to hot at 68

Accu is calling for a low of 27, we're at 31.3 tonight. The temp in the basement is 77 heading up, the temp up here is 71.

I loaded the Liberty with pine tonight.

We had 30 degrees this morning for an outside temp, the basement was still 72 and up here was 69.

We had a shoulder season wood fire this morning and the wife made one before I came back in, it's 71 up here.

Reactions: Bobbob and MMH
Firewood; I have curl leaf mountain mahogany in my area. Only natural hardwood I have. I try to use it sparingly and only bust it out when the temps are below 15F.
I'd love to see pictures of this as split firewood. Is it similar in look, feel and density to Mahagony from south and central America?

It's 34.5 tonight, the basement was 73 and the temp up here is 71. The liberty has a load of pine going, once the basement temp hits 77, I'll shut the fan off for the night.

Oak and locust with birch bark, top down fire tonight. Temps are in the upper 30s, so I am happy to have a small fire this evening. What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

We didn't have a fire last night but the house was down to 67 or 68 depending what room you were in this morning so we had a fire, the temp outside was 40 this morning.

The wife wants a fire tonight so I'll start one after the hockey game.

We were just over 50 this morning with rain, the temp up here was/is 70 so we didn't have a fire.

Reactions: MMH
Got another system blowing in bringing cold air with it again. I moved some wood in to refill the inside stack and moved some elm and mahogany in for the coldest parts.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We finally had a soaking rain overnight and today so even though it's 50 out, I started a shoulder season wood fire in the wood stove.

It was 66 in the basement and 69 up here.

We had 47 this morning with heavy fog, I didn't have a fire this morning. The temp up here is 69.

We're at 40.5 tonight with a forecast low of 35, I'm just burning down some cookies with a load of pine splits going in later, it's 70 up here.

Reactions: Bobbob and MMH