Weight Loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
After getting behind the weight reduction push mower along with all the lettuce I've been eating with the wraps kicking in yesterday, this morning the truth teller read 208.6.

I'll see what I can do about losing another 1 or 2 pounds before our July 4 meal.

I dropped more weight, 207.2 this morning. If I can get under 207 by tomorrow morning, that will be good.

Tomorrow we'll have London Broil, mashed potatoes, a veggie and I'll have another hot tomato salad.

Reactions: 30WCF
Somehow I bumped back up to 206. Must have been a delayed reaction to the spaghetti.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I told the wife the weight was down to 207.2 this morning, today she made some blueberry muffins along with a small pan of brownies.

Somehow I bumped back up to 206. Must have been a delayed reaction to the spaghetti.
Get yourself a new outdoor treadmill, you'll be at 194 in a hurry.

Weight Loss

Weight is going to vary by a couple of pounds a day. What folks need to watch are the long term trend. If you weight yourself daily its even more important to watch the trend rather than the numbers. Pretty simple, if the trend line is going down over the long term, you are losing weight, if its level, you are not.

When I hike I need to bump up my electrolytes to avoid post hike leg cramps. The next morning one would think that I would have lost weight from the exertion but I usually pick up 2 pounds and that may even carry over into the morning after. Then on the third day my weight will go back on trend or go lower.

Reactions: stoveliker
A half-gallon would last me a year.

A half-gallon would last me a year.
I usually don’t eat much if any sweets, but I’m actually enjoying playing with the homemade stuff. We did toss the banana ice cream. Nobody liked it. The chocolate was good.
The peach is real good but next time I need to blend the peaches a little more. Although small, the chunks of frozen peach take away. Like little ice cubes in the cream.

Reactions: begreen
I guess I am getting old (64) and decided recently that despite my upbringing to eat everything on my plate that when I go to a restaurant that the portion sizes are just way too much for me to eat so I am now going to start taking half of it home in a "doggy" bag. Undoing the upbringing is tough, My mom grew up on a farm in the 1930s with 9 brothers and sisters 9 months apart and when there was a meal it was grab a helping before it ran out and then clean off the plate as soon as possible, they had plenty of food from the farm but it was working farm and food was "fuel" to do the seven day per week sunrise to sunset work. My dad grew up in an orphanage with 3 of his siblings in the 1920s as my grandmother was widowed and could not afford to feed them. It was similar eating style, grab a portion of what little food there was that was donated to the orphanage and eat it quick before someone else took it. Unlike the farm, the orphanage tended to be carbs and grease. I dont think my dad ate many veggies until he married my mom post war.

When I growing up as the youngest son in the sixties we were on the low end of middle income and we were expected to eat what was served and my mother took it as a silent insult if we left food on the plate, my dad set the example of cleaning the plate from his orphanage days. I have always been single and when cooking for one its always easy to cook too much and in most cases I would rather eat it when cooked instead of leftovers.

Not sure how it's going to affect the weight in the long term but I know that if eat an entire typical restaurant meal the resulting food coma lasts for a couple of hours.

I guess I am getting old (64) and decided recently that despite my upbringing to eat everything on my plate that when I go to a restaurant that the portion sizes are just way too much for me to eat so I am now going to start taking half of it home in a "doggy" bag. Undoing the upbringing is tough, My mom grew up on a farm in the 1930s with 9 brothers and sisters 9 months apart and when there was a meal it was grab a helping before it ran out and then clean off the plate as soon as possible, they had plenty of food from the farm but it was working farm and food was "fuel" to do the seven day per week sunrise to sunset work. My dad grew up in an orphanage with 3 of his siblings in the 1920s as my grandmother was widowed and could not afford to feed them. It was similar eating style, grab a portion of what little food there was that was donated to the orphanage and eat it quick before someone else took it. Unlike the farm, the orphanage tended to be carbs and grease. I dont think my dad ate many veggies until he married my mom post war.

When I growing up as the youngest son in the sixties we were on the low end of middle income and we were expected to eat what was served and my mother took it as a silent insult if we left food on the plate, my dad set the example of cleaning the plate from his orphanage days. I have always been single and when cooking for one its always easy to cook too much and in most cases I would rather eat it when cooked instead of leftovers.

Not sure how it's going to affect the weight in the long term but I know that if eat an entire typical restaurant meal the resulting food coma lasts for a couple of hours.
There sure is a difference from depression era-clean your plate and today-clean your plate. If my kids ate what was laid before them they would be fat piglets. However the sentiment has hung around and hard to break.

I’ve slowed down, but still look at a buffet as a challenge. Down at the coast there are a couple all you can eat crab leg places. If I’m gonna pay $50 for a seat at the table, you better believe I’m gonna give it my best.

Pumpkin Pies and Stuffing is just around the corner.

That 199.2 a few days ago after a hard ride and a lot of sweat. A more accurate measure may be my morning weigh ins.
Wed. 102.?
Thur. 101.?
Fri. 100.4
I might get a legit <200 this weekend or next week.

That 199.2 a few days ago after a hard ride and a lot of sweat. A more accurate measure may be my morning weigh ins.
Wed. 102.?
Thur. 101.?
Fri. 100.4
I might get a legit <200 this weekend or next week.
Should Wed, Thurs & Fri. have another 100 pounds added to it? If not, you better start eating more! :)

Gained about 100 lbs overnight. I guess I was just practicing writing my ones yesterday.

Out of bed was 199
Bathroom break brought me down to 198

Weight Loss

Weight Loss

Reactions: thewoodlands
Gained about 100 lbs overnight. I guess I was just practicing writing my ones yesterday.

Out of bed was 199
Bathroom break brought me down to 198

View attachment 328322

View attachment 328323
I'll see what the old truth teller says tomorrow morning, anything from 209 to 212 will be good. It's time I get behind that outdoor treadmill again, that can make me drop two pounds.

210.4 this morning before getting behind the push mower, the yard around the house is done with 2 other areas I might do tomorrow along with the trails.

You can come mow my yard too if you want. Supposed to be 98F tomorrow.
Not us but some places will feel like 98 tomorrow in Vermont. Mowing in temps like that might make me drop 3 pounds. I'll see how the knees feel tomorrow morning, if they're barking at me, I'll mow the trails with the trail mower and finish what mowing I'll do with the push mower another day.