Weight Loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I'm glad you liked it, what did you have it with?

We had that stew I made a few days back, the wife loved it so I'll be making that again in the fall & winter.

Reactions: 30WCF
I ate part of it plain and then dumped some salad greens in and mixed it around with a little balsamic for lunch.
I’m going to be doing that again soon.

Tonight will be a combo of:
1) 17th Anniversary last week when I was working out of town.
2) Fathers Day
3) Wife’s Birthday is Monday.
The party will probably carry on a few days I imagine, but this morning is -31#.
Down from 237 in April.
IMG_5133.jpeg

Tonight will be a combo of:
1) 17th Anniversary last week when I was working out of town.
2) Fathers Day
3) Wife’s Birthday is Monday.
The party will probably carry on a few days I imagine, but this morning is -31#.
Down from 237 in April.
View attachment 327878
That's a nice drop in weight, it has to feel good.

That's a nice drop in weight, it has to feel good.
Feeling better for sure.
Today I got a new bike in the mail to try out. The one I’ve been riding is an ‘03 IIRC. I’ve had it a long time.
Oddly enough, I hit up a bike store when I was in California last month, just to kill some time on a day off. They had the bike I’d been looking for in a medium. And the next package up in a large, and I needed the large. Somehow I got the better equipped bike for the price of the lower model, with no sales tax (since I was shipping it out of state), and free shipping. So, I think I got it for about $400 cheaper in Ca. than if I had bought it at home, not counting the free shipping.
I’m going to try the flat pedals out for a couple rides before I switch out the SPD pedals off the old bike.
Weight Loss

Reactions: thewoodlands
I was 210.2 earlier this week, this morning the truth teller said 207.6. Lunch today was some chicken off the grill from a local volunteer fire department about 8 miles from here, it came with bake beans, a roll, a brownie and then I made a hot tomato salad.

I was 210.2 earlier this week, this morning the truth teller said 207.6. Lunch today was some chicken off the grill from a local volunteer fire department about 8 miles from here, it came with bake beans, a roll, a brownie and then I made a hot tomato salad.
Sounds s like a good meal. The FD here does BBQ in the spring. It’s quite the event.

Sounds s like a good meal. The FD here does BBQ in the spring. It’s quite the event.
That's my fault, I said grill, it was a BBQ. They always sellout the feeds they have, that's the way they raise money. Our fire department is funded by taxes so they only do two chicken barbeques, the one we bought lunch from today does a bunch of fish feeds, chicken barbecues with a breakfast every so often.

Usually this gets made for my birthday but with the hot weather coming in, it will get made today and then sit in the fridge for x amount of time before eating.

Weight Loss

Weight Loss

Reactions: 30WCF and TheJeff
My weight was 209.6 this morning, the dessert is made but we'll let sit in the fridge overnight, it might be lunch & supper tomorrow.

Weight Loss

Weight Loss

Weight Loss

Berried Delight
Combine:

1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs

½ cup sugar

1/3 cup melted butter/margarine

Press firmly into bottom of 13 x 9 pan and chill for a couple of hours

Beat until smooth:

1 (8 oz) pkg softened cream cheese

¼ cup sugar

2 tablespoons milk

Fold into about 14 oz slightly thawed cool whip

Spread on crust
Arrange 2 pints hulled and halved strawberries in even layer.

Beat 2 (4 serving size) pkgs vanilla instant pudding into 3-1/2 cups cold milk.

Pour pudding over the berries and chill for several hours or overnight.

Serve with additional thawed cool whip and additional berries on top.

I’m not sure if it’s looking at all this stew and strawberry pudding pie or what, but I’m up to 209 today. 210 yesterday with a few celebrations under my belt.

I’m not sure if it’s looking at all this stew and strawberry pudding pie or what, but I’m up to 209 today. 210 yesterday with a few celebrations under my belt.
I can usually lose three pounds pretty easy, I'm sure you can do the same. Since I won't be doing any outside work during this hot stretch, I'll get on the treadmill each day.

The way I always look at it if I gain weight is what was my highest weight an what did the truth teller just say. Even if I hit 212, that's 22 pounds less from my heaviest weight.

Reactions: stoveliker
I was a bit hesitant to stand on the scale, but did so this morning; after reaching my target (176 lbs) on May 23, I have not aimed to loose more. So I slightly relaxed my regimen of eating. Slightly more breakfast and lunch and dinner (no seconds tho), and still very limited snacking in the evening (basically limited to Fri and Sat evenings).

I had a work trip last week, a quick trip to Europe to surprise my dad at his 80th birthday (travel food and party food...) etc.
Some beech bucking and manual splitting tho (I have enough wood, but had not had beech yet, saw some logs and couldn't resist the urge...).

I thought i'd have gained a pound or two weight. Instead it was 174 lbs instead.
I'm happy about that.
I do not feel weaker at hand splitting than before.

Looks like I finally worked my way down to a weight that I have not seen since 2002. Took me 2.5 years from my heaviest after breaking my ankle and dislocating mt foot. I guess i need to set a new goal.

Looks like I finally worked my way down to a weight that I have not seen since 2002. Took me 2.5 years from my heaviest after breaking my ankle and dislocating mt foot. I guess i need to set a new goal.
To be healthy... (i.e., in. your case I think to hike :) - man I miss that from my TN days; not much hiking to do here after one has seen enough miles of beach...)

To be healthy... (i.e., in. your case I think to hike :) - man I miss that from my TN days; not much hiking to do here after one has seen enough miles of beach...)
The bugs are bad up here, the deer fly are a pain in the arse, especially when you're walking.

The bugs are bad up here, the deer fly are a pain in the arse, especially when you're walking.
Yes, I have been there (well, MA, NH, not upstate as far as you are).
(And I wear pants though to protect my arse - just joking).
It's true. Down in TN it's mostly mosquitoes that were bugging me, and only the occasional painful fly.
The heat and humidity is tough there though (it can be 100 F and 100% until one gets up the mountain...).

I just enjoy being out and seeing no one in a day of hiking. Even if there are bugs.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...

Yes, I have been there (well, MA, NH, not upstate as far as you are).
(And I wear pants though to protect my arse - just joking).
It's true. Down in TN it's mostly mosquitoes that were bugging me, and only the occasional painful fly.
The heat and humidity is tough there though (it can be 100 F and 100% until one gets up the mountain...).

I just enjoy being out and seeing no one in a day of hiking. Even if there are bugs.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...
We're in a high humidity area but not like that. Yesterday when I was walking the dog, we had enough of a breeze that the deer fly never bothered me or the dog. So far the skeeters haven't been that bad, earlier the black flies were nasty but not lately.

Reactions: stoveliker
If the deer flies are out I use the Deer Fly tapes on my hat. It they are real bad I need to change the tape around noon.

Last edited:
I can usually lose three pounds pretty easy, I'm sure you can do the same. Since I won't be doing any outside work during this hot stretch, I'll get on the treadmill each day.

The way I always look at it if I gain weight is what was my highest weight a what did the truth teller just say. Even if I hit 212, that's 22 pounds less from my heaviest weight.
Oh yeah. I’m not real worried about it bouncing a little.
Overall I’m still headed in the right direction and I’m not a prisoner to the salad bar to keep it sustainable. Went out to Mellow Mushroom for pizza and wings last nite and had chocolate pie for my wife’s birthday.
The trend is still heading down. I’m not sure where I’ll want to level out at. I still have a bit of a beer gut to smooth out. I’m guessing that might happen around 190, but I think it’s a feeling, more than a number I’m after. I already feel way better than 8 weeks ago.

Sounds like everyone else is doing good to here. Even if we enjoy some pies. I’ve been planning some homemade ice cream if I can get the ingredients together. Maybe banana with some Reece's pieces stirred in at the last second before it goes in the freezer to set. The peach tree is also getting pretty heavy looking.

I haven’t seen the deer flies yet. When I was up your way this weekend we had enough wind they weren’t around. The wife and I got into a pocket of no see ums, but got out of them quickly, lol.

When the hot weather came, I started eating the Berried Delight picture in my post # 211, I finished it last night. This morning the truth teller said 211.4, I figured 213 or 214 so it's not that bad.