Weight Loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I was shooting for a weight of 205 for this morning but the truth teller said 206.6, still I'm happy with it but since we won't have chicken breast from the grill with a hot tomato salad tomorrow night, maybe I can get under 206.

A small walk tonight with only cereal with milk for supper along with a 15 minute session on the treadmill might do it.

Reactions: woodgeek
What did Maxwell Smart say, missed by that much! 205.6 this morning.

April 16th 237
June 7th 212
-25# in 6-1/2 weeks.

IMG_4999.jpeg

My brother and I are comparing notes. Elk season will be upon us soon. My goal was to not have to by new pants this season. They were getting pretty tight last year.

Nothing but water since I’ve started. I was drinking quite a bit in the evenings and having a pot or 2 of coffee in the mornings. I am also quite capable of eating pretty trash, I mean great food, but fatty and too much to often. I’ve cleaned that up too.
Tonight was some leftover chicken cut up on a salad with sesame seeds, olives, hot peppers, strawberries and a bit of blue cheese.

IMG_5041.jpeg

7 miles of mountain biking today.
There are 6 park benches on the 3.5 mile loop trail. Every bench gets 20 push ups, and you can’t leave the bench till you hit 20. Did that 2x today, but it’s usually just once every day or every other day, so usually 3.5 miles and 120 push ups, but I had a little extra time this evening. I cheated and stopped at 200 push ups.

April 16th 237
June 7th 212
-25# in 6-1/2 weeks.

View attachment 327748

My brother and I are comparing notes. Elk season will be upon us soon. My goal was to not have to by new pants this season. They were getting pretty tight last year.

Nothing but water since I’ve started. I was drinking quite a bit in the evenings and having a pot or 2 of coffee in the mornings. I am also quite capable of eating pretty trash, I mean great food, but fatty and too much to often. I’ve cleaned that up too.
Tonight was some leftover chicken cut up on a salad with sesame seeds, olives, hot peppers, strawberries and a bit of blue cheese.

View attachment 327749

7 miles of mountain biking today.
There are 6 park benches on the 3.5 mile loop trail. Every bench gets 20 push ups, and you can’t leave the bench till you hit 20. Did that 2x today, but it’s usually just once every day or every other day, so usually 3.5 miles and 120 push ups, but I had a little extra time this evening. I cheated and stopped at 200 push ups.
Great job on the weight loss @30WCF. It sounds like the Elk are in trouble this year and you might need some suspenders! 👍

Reactions: 30WCF
210 today, but the plan for tonight is steak and cocktail shrimp with a baked sweet potato, so I better do my bragging today.

Weight Loss

Reactions: thewoodlands
210 today, but the plan for tonight is steak and cocktail shrimp with a baked sweet potato, so I better do my bragging today.

View attachment 327754
Another step in the right direction, congrats! I'm just under 208 this morning, the wife was talking about steaks cooked on the grill with some potatoes so I'll lose another 2 maybe 3 before we have that meal. Losing that weight before a meal should still keep me in the weight range I want after eating a better meal.

I still eat what I want for the most part. It’s more about portion control for me. A little bit of steak and potatoes never hurt anyone. A lot of steak and potatoes, or most anything, has.

The GF and I had grilled cauliflower steaks tonight. These were bedded on a layer of cannellini (white bean) hummus and topped with a layer of 'romanseco' sauce (tomatos, carrots and celery melted together with EVOO). We had smashed red potatos (with vegan butter and vegan plain yogurt and dill) on the side.

Have to say I am v skeptical of cauliflower steaks, but this presentation worked pretty well. ;lol

My weight seems to have plateaued around 190 lbs. Higher when my kid visits and we bake a bunch of cookies.

Went from
210 Saturday
214 Sunday
213 Monday
212 Tuesday
Threw in some crunches today.
Did 3.5 mile ride this evening with 110 (@20ea) pushups at each park bench and 90 (@15ea) crunches.

IMG_5074.jpeg

Last edited:
Went from
210 Saturday
214 Sunday
213 Monday
212 Tuesday
Threw in some crunches today.
Did 3.5 mile ride this evening with 110 (@20ea) pushups ant each park bench and 90 (@15ea) crunches.

View attachment 327808
Great work @30WCF , you keep dropping some pounds so that's good. I was at 207.8 this morning, I haven't been doing much so I expect I'll gain some.

I was shooting for a weight of 205 for this morning but the truth teller said 206.6, still I'm happy with it but since we won't have chicken breast from the grill with a hot tomato salad tomorrow night, maybe I can get under 206.

A small walk tonight with only cereal with milk for supper along with a 15 minute session on the treadmill might do it.
What’s a hot tomato salad?

Cut the tomato to the size chunks you like, add olive oil, oregano, salt and red pepper flakes or if you have a hot pepper, cut that up in the mixture and let sit for about 20 or 30 minutes. Back when I was younger we would make it hot enough that the sweat would come off our foreheads.

Attached is a picture I posted years back, the dish was the one my father always used. It goes great with hamburgers or steak, the more juice in the HTS, the better for dunking the roll or bread into. It looks like the one in the picture had some onions in it too.

Weight Loss

Reactions: 30WCF
@TheJeff , you're doing great, do you have a target weight?

I weighed in at 209 even this morning, I'll be having some bread with the recipe I posted soooooooooooooooo I'll put some weight on.

This is the stew I made today.
1. Brown 6 sausage links in the pan you'll use and then take out when they're done. Cut your sausage into junks and then add after the two cans of diced tomatoes.
2. 5 Bell Peppers / Red & Orange / 4 would be fine, chunked up and then cooked down, take out to another plate when done.
3. 2 Medium size onions cooked down, take them out when done, put them on a platter with the Bell Peppers
4. Cut up a small or medium size Fennel bulb, cook that down.
5. When the fennel is cooked down add a 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes and then add your bell peppers & onions, stir it up, add a second 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes.
6. Add some Castelvetrano Olives pitted olives.
7. I added garlic, sweet basil and a bit of salt.
8. I cooked it down after everything was together for an hour, it tasted pretty good today........it should taste even better tomorrow.

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 30WCF and TheJeff
@thewoodlands , 190-200 some where in that area. Been there before feel pretty good in that range.
My low was 194 something a few years back but I feel better above 200. If I can stay between 200 & 210, I'll be happy. The snacking late at night is my bi problem along with eating bread. The weight has been pretty good but once I start cooking or the wife cooks a nice meal, that's when I can gain my weight.

Last edited:
I'm pretty happy about 200, I've been as low as 187. At 200 ish I don't feel weak. The first time I lost alot of weight I felt weak for a while.
I think my problem feeling weak was I lost 34 or 35 pounds real quick, after losing the 34 or 35 pounds, those 38 waist pants I bought for working outside would fall off so I bought some suspenders.

I weighed in at 209 even this morning, I'll be having some bread with the recipe I posted soooooooooooooooo I'll put some weight on.

This is the stew I made today.
1. Brown 6 sausage links in the pan you'll use and then take out when they're done. Cut your sausage into junks and then add after the two cans of diced tomatoes.
2. 5 Bell Peppers / Red & Orange / 4 would be fine, chunked up and then cooked down, take out to another plate when done.
3. 2 Medium size onions cooked down, take them out when done, put them on a platter with the Bell Peppers
4. Cut up a small or medium size Fennel bulb, cook that down.
5. When the fennel is cooked down add a 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes and then add your bell peppers & onions, stir it up, add a second 24 oz. can of diced tomatoes.
6. Add some Castelvetrano Olives pitted olives.
7. I added garlic, sweet basil and a bit of salt.
8. I cooked it down after everything was together for an hour, it tasted pretty good today........it should taste even better tomorrow.

View attachment 327816

View attachment 327817

View attachment 327818

View attachment 327819
I’m not so sure this is how a weight loss thread works. 🤣 I ate a half a plate of sweets last week in California.
Weight Loss

I think my problem feeling weak was I lost 34 or 35 pounds real quick, after losing the 34 or 35 pounds, those 38 waist pants I bought for working outside would fall off so I bought some suspenders.

My first big loss was 50+ lbs in about 6 months or so, and I felt kinda wimpy for a while. I also had to get new pants, my 38's were huge after that.

Well, that’s just plain good @thewoodlands.
I used some sage, rosemary, thyme and basil from the porch garden and crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt.

Weight Loss

Weight Loss