Weight Loss

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Yeah. Asheville, NC, that got hit so hard, ain’t that far from me.

Made it back to 199 from 187. Pigging out, having some alcohol and snacks. Hadn’t been out in a ride much in about a month. Maybe a Sunday ride a couple weeks ago, but it’s been wet wet wet.

Started to try to clean up some a few days ago. Went for a ride today. Managed to do all 35 push ups still at 6 benches. (I was a little worried) I was 195 AM and PM yesterday.

Weight wise, 190 feels good and in general, I’m more muscular recently that I’m used to, so I’m not sure where I’ll settle in at.
33” waists feels good.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I'm at 205.8 this morning, 202 would be nice by October 8th. I've been bouncing around from 207.8 to 204.2, almost a 18 pound drop from my high last winter.

Reactions: 30WCF and GG Woody
You’re on a roll.
I should be at 200 but that little devil on my shoulder said you're doing good so have some snacks at night! >>

I'm still at 204.8 today, not bad but I missed my goal.

Reactions: 30WCF
You sure did--eat a peach at night...lol clancey
Well Clancey, I was 204.8 again this morning but after coming back from the store (just in time) I lost that point 8 to the septic or pretty darn close! ::P

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

176.2 this morning, not saying anything about before or after the events depicted above (TMI) 🙃

In the last year and a half I've lost 45lbs. I lost almost 60 but I've put 10ish back on and am balancing there. I'm finding procuring firewood to be much less of a workout than it was a few years back... I would recommend it.
Half the workout must have been dragging my gut around. Maybe now I need a lead backpack while I work?

In the last year and a half I've lost 45lbs. I lost almost 60 but I've put 10ish back on and am balancing there. I'm finding procuring firewood to be much less of a workout than it was a few years back... I would recommend it.
Half the workout must have been dragging my gut around. Maybe now I need a lead backpack while I work?
Congrats GG Woody, nice job on shedding some weight.

Reactions: GG Woody
wl All that wood you been hauling around for this you need a good clean out--just like a wood stove you are...I like Zappa by the way. Eat some peaches for the hydration for you need hydration especially at night to help you stop chittos etc...Enjoyed--thanks...clancey

wl All that wood you been hauling around for this you need a good clean out--just like a wood stove you are...I like Zappa by the way. Eat some peaches for the hydration for you need hydration especially at night to help you stop chittos etc...Enjoyed--thanks...clancey
The wife made some pumpkin cookies today with a cream cheese frosting, no peaches tonight......just some cookies with a nice cold glass of milk, they are very good.

Reactions: clancey
The wife made some pumpkin cookies today with a cream cheese frosting, no peaches tonight......just some cookies with a nice cold glass of milk, they are very good.
You got a recipe for a pumpkin cookie?

I don't but I'll see if the wife does. If she does have one, I'll have it up either later tonight or this weekend.

She has it but since she made changes from the original recipe, she'll write that down and then type it up, hopefully by Sunday afternoon.

I have some work in the brook on some Hemlock trees that the heavy rains caused some damage, that will start soon so if it isn't up by Sunday night, that's why. We have 5 or 6 different size trees in the brook, hopefully all will get out before winter, the ones in the water or just above will get done first.

Hello and congrats. I did Noom in January of 2022 and lost 20 lbs prior to hip replacement surgery. I have maintained my weight loss. I still log every food and beverage daily (my choice) and weigh myself daily. This works for me. At almost age 66, I am within 9 pounds of the weight I was at when I met my hubby in 1984. As much as I would love to see the last 10lbs go away, I am realistic and also know my body's set point is what I am now. I read a peer-reviewed article that details how a little extra weight is good in my age bracket because if you get ill and need treatment, chemo, etc., you want some buffer weight to carry you through the illness. In other words, you don't want to be at 90 pounds and hospitalized for sepsis, etc., because your odds are less to pull through vs. if you carry an extra 10 or 15 pounds. Show yourself some grace. It is more than the number on the scale that counts, as well.

Did a 15 mile nite ride on the trails Tuesday, but been misbehaving lately and hanging out in the upper 190s.
Started about 6:15 and made it back to the truck well after dark, around 8:00.

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

Pumpkin Cookies
The recipe says it makes 4 dozen, but I make big cookies so I get 2 dozen
1 cup shortening – (I use 2 sticks margarine)
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Grease cookies sheets
Cream the 1 cup shortening (or margarine), ½ cup each brown and white sugar
Mix in 1 cup pumpkin, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla
Sift together the 1 tsp each baking soda and baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp salt
Mix the flour mixture into the creamed mixture
Stir in 1 cup chopped walnuts
Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto the greased sheets
Bake 10 to 12 min, cool on wire tack (I found that 10 min was plenty even at the big size)
After cool, I frosted with cream cheese frosting:
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
8 oz softened cream cheese
3 tablsp butter or margarine
½ tsp vanilla
Pinch salt

Mix the cream cheese and butter until well blended. Sift in the confectioners’ sugar. Add the vanilla and salt. Blend well.

Reactions: clancey and 30WCF
I was at 206.4 this morning, that's fine by me but I have started two sessions per day on the treadmill. In the morning I do 10 minutes and the night session is 12.

Woke up at 203 this morning. Can’t let you catch me. Been misbehaving all over the place. I did eat a half a casserole pan of chicken dressing for supper last night.
That puts me at 15 pounds up from my low from a month or so ago.
I did a nice ride this evening and did my 35 pushups at the 13 benches that I stopped for. I looked at a couple benches out of the corner of my eye and give it the stink eye and just kept going if I needed to rest my arms a minute longer from the last set.

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

[Hearth.com] Weight Loss

Last edited:
Woke up at 203 this morning. Can’t let you catch me. Been misbehaving all over the place. I did eat a half a casserole pan of chicken dressing for supper last night.
That puts me at 15 pounds up from my low from a month or so ago.
I did a nice ride this evening and did my 35 pushups at the 13 benches that I stopped for. I looked at a couple benches out of the corner of my eye and give it the stink eye and just kept going if I needed to rest my arms a minute longer from the last set.

View attachment 330661

View attachment 330663

View attachment 330662
Nice ride along with that fiber you're getting in the last picture. I thought the last picture was of the tree, are you making the pumpkin cookies?

With all the weight you lost, 203 is nothing.

Last edited: