Termites/termidor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

shortys7777

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2017
Smithfield, RI
Anyone ever deal with them? Anytime I leave wood on the ground out back it ends up with termites. Luckily none have made it in the house. Before I moved in they had an issue but my property was baited well. I bought some termidor and am about to dig some trenches out back and apply it to a few areas. In front of my wood stack. Behind my shed (which I have raised on concrete blocks. Anyone ever use it? Reviews seem good and seems like stuff professional pest control people use as well.

I just replaced all the wood around the garage door in our shop. All termite eaten. all the wood behind the 2x8 was eaten took 12 2x4. Did not help the previous owner didn't use pressure treated. Everything that was pressure treated survived just fine.Previous owner was a maniac but slowly cleaning up his messes.
[Hearth.com] Termites/termidor

I just replaced all the wood around the garage door in our shop. All termite eaten. all the wood behind the 2x8 was eaten took 12 2x4. Did not help the previous owner didn't use pressure treated. Everything that was pressure treated survived just fine.Previous owner was a maniac but slowly cleaning up his messes.
View attachment 329808
That’s a huge termite eating your door frame in that photo.

Wait, you’re going to do the trench and pour method around a wood stack? That’s against label unless your wood stack has a foundation, is a waste of effort for possible zero gain as they can travel on the surface too, and seems like a great way to poison your ground water.

Look into chitin inhibitors.

Reactions: hickoryhoarder
I use termidor. I buy it from doyourownpestcontrol.com. I spray around my stacks, and around my garage with it twice a year. kills everything.

Reactions: Highbeam
I use termidor. I buy it from doyourownpestcontrol.com. I spray around my stacks, and around my garage with it twice a year. kills everything.
Same. Per directions twice per year. Kills everything.