Solar and power wall 3 quote.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
They didn't give you the fish eye pics they took from the corners of your roof? (That is the only way to calculate a.solid estimate of yearly production).
Lidar and solar roof project

Okay. Lidar gives a 3d digital model so that would work.
Solar roof project, if that's from satellite it's not very useful.

First bill that had my net metering arrived. I had 5 days of solar + battery but they were cloudy (no export) then 7 day where I consumed 150kwh from the grid and exported 140 kWh. They were pretty sunny (one day was 40 kWh). And most of September was hot. Over 84 degrees most days.

I’ll report back and post my first full bill cycle with the new system.

Our summer bills are $7 which is the minimum billing charge to be connected to the grid.

Reactions: EbS-P
Lucky you. I started with a $12.5 monthly charge for the connection and it's above $17 now...
On the other hand, having "power insurance" (i.e. I'll get power when my generation is not working) is worth $0.6 a day...

Lucky you. I started with a $12.5 monthly charge for the connection and it's above $17 now...
On the other hand, having "power insurance" (i.e. I'll get power when my generation is not working) is worth $0.6 a day...
I think ours minimum charge is $24 on my net metering rider then they get my bypass charge based on size of array. Storm recover Fee…. Some other fees. I’ll post next cycles full bill.

My 52$ credit won’t all go to charging my car.

Reactions: stoveliker
Couple sunny days to start October. Today will be close to yesterday!!

[Hearth.com] Solar and power wall 3 quote. [Hearth.com] Solar and power wall 3 quote.

Reactions: bogieb
My morning tree cover is gone with the sun being more in the south.
But the afternoon is still very present.
This was with a clear blue sky all day.
7.2 kW split E and W facing -->19.6 kWh and change

[Hearth.com] Solar and power wall 3 quote.

I may get 34 kWh today. Here is screen shot of my powerwall running my house (ac and oven on!)

dinner is done kids a off to bed but dishwasher has not run yet. That took roughly 2/3 of the battery. I could see that in an off grid 100% self powered situation you really would want 10kw paired with two Powerwalls. When we go into backup mode we won’t use the oven. And try to limit AC and hot water usage during the dark hours.

The battery only charges at 5kw. So there would be some generating capacity not being used if you only had 1 Powerwalls. It would be nice to get the Ecobee and the powerwall gate way taking so that you could pre cool on excess solar.

Not an issue for net metering customers. First week of October has been good for solar production. Net exports of 2.5 kWh. And that includes 24 kWh of EV charging.

Net export of 2.5 kWh per day or total?
I had my panels installed October 1 and I was happy that I broke even in October (no mini split heating yet); generating and consuming about 10.5 kWh per day average.

Then summer came and I got about 3 times (best days 3.5 times) more generation.

If your production also gets tripled in summer you can generate 100 kWh in a day. That's massive...
(Though maybe the factor 3 will be less as your panels face south; mine benefit a lot from the sun being higher in the sky given their E/W orientation).

Net export of 2.5 kWh per day or total?
I had my panels installed October 1 and I was happy that I broke even in October (no mini split heating yet); generating and consuming about 10.5 kWh per day average.

Then summer came and I got about 3 times (best days 3.5 times) more generation.

If your production also gets tripled in summer you can generate 100 kWh in a day. That's massive...
(Though maybe the factor 3 will be less as your panels face south; mine benefit a lot from the sun being higher in the sky given their E/W orientation).
Total for the month. AC is on still. November is our no ac or heat month. I don’t think I could 100kwh. That’s 10 hours at name plate capacity.

We made it from 4-10 pm on 80% if the battery. As a stand by system it need to make a list of nonessential breakers. That can be flipped. And not use the oven.

Reactions: stoveliker
My morning tree cover is gone with the sun being more in the south.
But the afternoon is still very present.
This was with a clear blue sky all day.
7.2 kW split E and W facing -->19.6 kWh and change

View attachment 330513

Best day I've ever had with my 8,000w system is 49.7 kwh. I could probably get a bit more than that if there were no shade on the east side that hampers things. in the morning.

The trees are losing their leaves, but at the same time I have a hill on that side too. Starting in November, I'll be using more than I produce probably. It depends on how much I use the mini split versus the pellet stove for heat

I have an 8.4 kW system. mostly south facing but 7 West facing panels. Gets some shade in the afternoon. My best daily production in the summer is 57 kWh and these days it's around 25. Worst ever was Jan 7 2024 I produced 0.0 kWh due to panels being covered with snow.

Yes, that's an issue for me too, snow.
Roof not very steep, on the second story, with a yard sloping away from the home. I need to be 45 ft away the be able to look parallel to the panels, i.e. be able to put a broom on them.
I looked at those extension snow rakes for panels, but none are long enough - and if they were I'm not sure I'd be able to handle and control them well enough...

No issue on the coast in SC tho...

Roof not very steep, on the second story, with a yard sloping away from the home. I need to be 45 ft away the be able to look parallel to the panels, i.e. be able to put a broom on them.
I looked at those extension snow rakes for panels, but none are long enough - and if they were I'm not sure I'd be able to handle and control them well enough...

My roof is fairly steep, 8/12 pitch so the snow typically slides off after a day or 2. If it's very cold or actively snowing, no production. December is abysmal here, I think I averaged 5 kWh/day last year.

My roof is fairly steep, 8/12 pitch so the snow typically slides off after a day or 2. If it's very cold or actively snowing, no production. December is abysmal here, I think I averaged 5 kWh/day last year.
I just checked, and since 2018 I have between 170 and 200 kWh in Dec., so between 5.5 and 6.5 kWh per day when averaged out.

I just checked, and since 2018 I have between 170 and 200 kWh in Dec., so between 5.5 and 6.5 kWh per day when averaged out.
I've only had mine 2 years (well, come November). Decembers I get 165-180. In January it is 117 (for both years).

I have an 8.4 kW system. mostly south facing but 7 West facing panels. Gets some shade in the afternoon. My best daily production in the summer is 57 kWh and these days it's around 25. Worst ever was Jan 7 2024 I produced 0.0 kWh due to panels being covered with snow.
I get 0 on a regular basis in winter. Mostly from snow cover, but at times it is so dark, that not enough volts are made to get it started. Heck, on Sept 26 of this year, they only produced 3.1 kwh because it was so dark out.

I can never see my roof - it is fairly flat and since the house was built on a swamp, it is raised on fill and the ground slopes down from there on all 4 sides. Actually, on the east side, if I get in the treeline and uphill 60-80' away, I would probably be even. On the west side, it is nothing but down hill as the ground naturally slopes to the river 4 blocks away. On the south side, the neighbors house would be in the way - LOL

My house is only 1 story, but the basement/foundation is only about 1/2 underground (that swamp thing), I got a Roof Brum and can reach some of the panels with a 25-30 extension (it is very unwieldy. It works on the south side for about 1.5-2 rows of panels up. But the E & W sides only about 0.5-0.75 row high. Still, aids clearing a bit. But February 2023 I had 5 days where snow and dark clouds kept my production at zero even with my best efforts

January is 175 to 220 here, more than December - as it should given that the sun is higher in the sky ( of course this depends on snow likelihood)

For the record I have a hobby PV system, 60 W panel, 24Ah LFP battery, lots of shade. Originally set up in 2007, battery since updated.

My new controller tracks production, I am on track to make 20 kWh in 12 calendar months. But I think the LEDs on the controller eat into that a bit. ;lol

My AM and PM shade will have impacts. I tried to guess. I think I can get 400-500 kw in December. Time will tell.
For the record I have a hobby PV system, 60 W panel, 24Ah LFP battery, lots of shade. Originally set up in 2007, battery since updated.

My new controller tracks production, I am on track to make 20 kWh in 12 calendar months. But I think the LEDs on the controller eat into that a bit. ;lol
I think you owe yourself an upgrade 200w and 100Ahr. Could run a fridge for a day or more.

October has been really sunny started out hot but ran the heat pump some the last two days. I’m averaging 30kwh per day.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Solar and power wall 3 quote.
    IMG_2252.webp
    32.6 KB · Views: 4
  • [Hearth.com] Solar and power wall 3 quote.
    IMG_2251.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 4