Single vs double wall flue pipe

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
the cleaning logs don't clean your chimney, they chemically turn hard glazed creosote into an easier remove form
They do state that they allow the creosote to fall to the bottom though i dont know if thats true.

bholler

Chimney sweep
Staff member
Jan 14, 2014
central pa
They do state that they allow the creosote to fall to the bottom though i dont know if thats true.
Some will fall off the wall in some cases. But they are no substitute for proper burning practices and cleaning.

Gunfixr

Jan 14, 2019
Va, USA
OK. While I was mainly asking to see if it was worthwhile to use them to assist cleaning, not replace it, knowing that they don't is a good thing.

I am only burning wet wood this year because I had no choice. In the future, I won't be doing that.
Even though the wood seller says that's what everyone around here does.
Just didn't sound right to me, newbie notwithstanding.

ShawnLiNY

Dec 13, 2018
Ny
OK. While I was mainly asking to see if it was worthwhile to use them to assist cleaning, not replace it, knowing that they don't is a good thing.

I am only burning wet wood this year because I had no choice. In the future, I won't be doing that.
Even though the wood seller says that's what everyone around here does.
Just didn't sound right to me, newbie notwithstanding.
Older stoves and fire places can burn not very seasoned wood ( so your firewood seller may not be lying ) others may not have anything to compare too so they don’t know the wood isn’t burning properly