How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Pretty long road trip for me. Id rather just mail a care package. Im confident she can do this :)
2 days for me, 3 for you....In good weather no less.

Snow here went to rain. Haven't mounted my 10 foot power angle plow to a farm tractor yet, nor the rear mount blower. I won't move snow unless it's 5" deep. I'm a mile from the paved road so snow removal equipment is mandatory, buy infrequently used.

One thing is hook the 2 wires to the exhaust blower to you test cord and plug into the wall. It will run at full speed. And clear smoke and maybe draw more

Finally. I was able to upload video of what the fan sounds like. Please don't laugh at my ucky old plaster and lath walls. You can hear the high pitched beepy sound starting again, and if you listen carefully you can hear it dropping pellets, even though the fire is out. Just a lot of smoke. Believe it or not that's actually an improvement after I oiled it.

View attachment 270732
Finally. I was able to upload video of what the fan sounds like. Please don't laugh at my ucky old plaster and lath walls.
Classic case of dry bearings in the room air distribution fan motor. They need oiled and if too far gone i8t will need renewed (fan and motor).

Another ran the bags out of neglected stove that some schister sold.

Classic case of dry bearings in the room air distribution fan motor. They need oiled and if too far gone i8t will need renewed (fan and motor).

Jeez. It looks like it was replaced once already. The wires are not original.

The holes in the burn pot itself, we are encroaching on the end game now. Only thing i can think of now is to change parts. From what i have read these stoves have a very weak venting flow. Im going out to plow the driveway and i’ll see what parts i have in the shop. Maybe i can put a care package Together for ya. I do know I don’t have a double blower convection blower but i have a lot of motors and blowers. Maybe put a combustion blower together with a lil more umph
So sounds like youre saying it's a lemon? A Stratus with a cracked head.

One thing is hook the 2 wires to the exhaust blower to you test cord and plug into the wall. It will run at full speed. And clear smoke and maybe draw more
Thank you. I tried that, it didn't blow any differently. But that's something I didn't know how to do before, and I do now!

Ok Flip, where on the fan do I oil the bearings? I oiled it some last night, but I don't think it got o the bearings.

The holes in the burn pot itself, we are encroaching on the end game now. Only thing i can think of now is to change parts. From what i have read these stoves have a very weak venting flow. Im going out to plow the driveway and i’ll see what parts i have in the shop. Maybe i can put a care package Together for ya. I do know I don’t have a double blower convection blower but i have a lot of motors and blowers. Maybe put a combustion blower together with a lil more umph
I can take out again once the stove cools and stops smoking, but I can tell you I've had it out several times and the holes looked just fine then.
So it's hopelessly clogged back in there somewhere?

Looks ok to me.

Attachments

• How to burn wood pellets in 2006 Auburn corn burner
    IMG_20201230_134558015.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 108
    IMG_20201230_134606853.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 125
    IMG_20201230_134619344.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 122
if you can get some oil on each side.. have the blower on end and do a few drops on the top side and let it run down into the bearing

they look good ? i have a blower i found in the shop it will bring your vacuum up and move more air than the stoves original. but then we are changing design and making a frankenstove. it 65 bucks on amazon but then you still need a convection blower. vac switch and pof snap disc. i don't know how far you want to go with this.

they look good ? i have a blower i found in the shop it will bring your vacuum up and move more air than the stoves original. but then we are changing design and making a frankenstove. it 65 bucks on amazon but then you still need a convection blower. vac switch and pof snap disc. i don't know how far you want to go with this.
I have 3 vacuume switches now! Surely one is still good. Proof of fire? It's bad too?
And I just oiled the heck out of the convection bearings....maybe it's ok?
What do you think of those creosote melting logs they sell. Do they work?

What else am I going to do with this thing? Set it aside next to the old oil heater in my dining room and hope someone needs a boat anchor?

So, is it just clogged back there somewhere? This cant be the only stove that has ever happened to!

Reactions: Ssyko
Yup, I need a convection blower. Damn it.
How is it I managed to find the one stove that has EVERY f@cking thing wrong with it?

Last edited:
ok i didn't know you got a new vac switch so we can take that off the list. we just need to get more air through the stove. so if you pull out the ash pan there is a plate on the back wall, can you pull that plate and look in there and see if there is any debris? and we need a reliable convection blower so the stove does not overheat

Reactions: Washed-Up
Ive taken the burn pot out a couple times. Mine doesnt seem to have a removable plate. Just slots.
Besides, right now its cooking. Conv fan still sounds like someone is killing it slowly, but its been burning for 40 min and not going out.

Attachments

IMG_20201230_161608826.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 99
Rick? Sidecar? if we get this burning. can we burn the residue out of this stove? I have never dealt with corn residue. but this stove is gonna run one way or another

Reactions: Rxwoman1961
Ive taken the burn pot out a couple times. Mine doesnt seem to have a removable plate. Just slots.
Besides, right now its cooking. Conv fan still sounds like someone is killing it slowly, but its been burning for 40 min and not going out.

it not behind the burn pot its the back wall where the ash pan goes, you have to pull the ash pan out of the stove.

Rick? Sidecar? if we get this burning. can we burn the residue out of this stove? I have never dealt with corn residue. but this stove is gonna run one way or another
Something is coming out! Im just not sure if its old or new.

Attachments

IMG_20201230_162450717.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 105
i would get an old rag there so it don't stain your floor