What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
I only said this because he sent me some pictures the other day all cleaned up on my cell phone haha I’m breaking his balls
I know, me too. Monster.

My Pyrenees has lots of names
Big Dog
White Dog
She
Sweepy
Nyla

No wonder she never comes when called

Reactions: johneh and ozarkoak
All I have now is Toby a Welsh Springer who believes
every ball in the world belongs to him also all the stick-tight
burs on this farm are to be stuck in his ears

[Hearth.com] What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Reactions: ozarkoak
It looks like the warmer weather will hang around until October 6 when things cool off, maybe we'll start burning then.

We doing flue shots? I take a picture every year just to make sure its clean and to prove to my insurance that I actually clean it in case of the worst case. Love the soot eater. Whoever here that recommended it... Thank you.

Reactions: Wisco Shepherd
Ice in the birdbath this morning! Lit a small fire to take the chill off.
No ice here not even any frost! A fire, by the forecast, maybe at the end of October
or early November. Still talking 70+ for the next 2 weeks.
I guess the fire pit will have to do

The forecast is for a little cooler, today -- high of 71°F. It is damp and cloudy.

What I have on my stove is tomato juice -- it's time to can that for the year. What I have in my stove is a mixture: box elder, elm, and sassafras. At least, those are what I have burned so far today, but the day is far from over.

Despite the damp, cloudy, and not-so-cool weather, the Waterford Stanley is drawing very nicely. I re-cemented it last month, so hopefully it will be tighter than it has been. Anyone else disappointed in Rutland's stove cement? I think that is what I had used a couple years ago. By last season, it was all gone.

Our stove manufacturer highly recommends a beginning of the season break in fire. Have not done it yet still too warm. Always end up waiting too long and break in fire is on the first day we need the stove. Going to try to do better this year.

Reactions: Wisco Shepherd
37 this morning but I’m burning a little propane to take the chill off. Gotta make sure that works too.