What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
I had a small fire after supper tonight (a lettuce wrap with a hot tomato salad) once the basement hit 75 I shut the fan off, up here is 70 to 72 and the basement was still 75 when I started the overnight fire, before I call it a night, the fan will get shut off.

We had a low temp of 38.1 this morning, the first fire is still going with the basement temp at 77 when I left, the temps up here this morning were 69 & 70 before the first fire.

Not my stove today but the fire pit loaded up with pine on our property in Maine. Beautiful fall day with a low of 31 this morning.

[Hearth.com] What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Last edited:
32 this morning, had a fire last night and woke up to 71 inside the cabin. The cool mornings are perfect for processing firewood. Took down 4 dead Aspen trees. Suppose to warm up to 75 this afternoon.

We didn't have a fire later last night, the temp this morning was 35.9 so we did have one shoulder season fire this morning..

This morning the wife was cold. It was 65 inside. So that's the first mini split usage of this season. I had it in for two hours, but then the sunroom was 72 so I (working at home) moved there and opened the sliding door. It got 80 in the sun room, 72 inside.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I’ve been burning small shoulder season burns each morning this week. Waking up to the house at 67 (this morning 62!). So just small loads to take morning chill out and make sure house is warm enough for when my teenage daughters get home from school in the afternoon.

I made a small fire after supper tonight, the last I looked it was 71 up here. October 15 we're suppose to get our first snow at night, one inch according to the Weather Channel.

We had 35.2 tis morning, two small shoulder season fires this morning had the basement temp at 79, that's when I shut the fan off.

We have a small fire of shoulder season wood going in the Liberty, we're in for another around 35. I'll have another fire before I call it a night.

Reactions: NickW
I'd be having a fire right now if I hadn't damaged one of my adjustable 90's yesterday doing the cleaning. Got a new one today but we just got home; so first thing tomorrow (after coffee of course) is to put the new one in and fire it up.

We had a low temp of 37.4 this morning with rain, another shoulder season firewood fire is burning down in the Liberty. The temp in the basement was 74 with the temps up here at 69 at the moment.

Usually two cold starts a day during the shoulder season, that's based on two fires in the morning along with one or two at night.
Couldn’t you just load more wood and have a single fire to keep the house temp up or does it pump out too much heat that way?

Can your Liberty burn a 12 hour reload schedule burning low and slow?

Couldn’t you just load more wood and have a single fire to keep the house temp up or does it pump out too much heat that way?

Can your Liberty burn a 12 hour reload schedule burning low and slow?
Since we heat from the basement, getting some quick heat in the basement works best from my experience. Once we start burning some hardwood, we'll get longer burn times but the only time I would want 12, would be overnight.

Last year we saved almost six face cord of hardwood because we burned 10 face of pine. We also burned pellets last year but didn't buy any this year, we plan on running the furnace if it's needed this year.

Reactions: stoveliker and Todd
Getting down close to freezing tonight, first fire going now. Ash and hickory limb wood. Got some oak on deck for the overnight.

Reactions: thewoodlands
We have 36.9 outside tonight, the basement was 75 when I left with the temps up here 70 to 72. The overnight fire is going in the wood stove, more pine.

We had 36.9 this morning with the temps up here 69 & 70 with the basement temp starting off at 70. The wood stove saw another load of shoulder season wood this morning, I left the basement when the temp hit 75.