What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
We haven't had a fire yet but this mornings low was 36 so tonight we'll get some heat in the basement so it's nice and toasty up here.

Reactions: Todd and NickW
I still need to clean the chimney 🙄. Highs have been in the 60's & 70's, lows in the 30's & 40's; so not a big deal. Will probably get it done this week.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I still need to clean the chimney 🙄. Highs have been in the 60's & 70's, lows in the 30's & 40's; so not a big deal. Will probably get it done this week.
I just did ours about a week ago, not sure why I wait but there's always next year I can do it earlier.

It was 41 here today. First fire of the season for me. Only about 3 hours, but its 75 out now, lol.

No fire as of yet. We have had low overnight temps but our house gets full sun from about 10:00 on so it warms up enough during the day at this time of year. I’m sure by the end of the month a load or 2 will of made its way into the stove. I have a couple cord of 2 year CSSTC’d spruce to use up during the mild days and nights.

I have a small load of pine going in the Liberty, it's our first fire of the year. It was 58 out tonight when I started the fire, usually I like it colder but having some fires will put an end to the dehumidifier for this year.

It's raining pretty good out at the moment with some thunder going on.

Reactions: Dieselhead
Hopefully nothing till mid Nov. Got to be stingy with wood this year to make sure we're not screwed next year.
Gonna be using junk branches for shoulder burns when needed.

We had another shoulder season fire this morning, we'll have another fire tonight, maybe two. The low was only 53.4 but the boss wanted another fire so like they say...........happy wife, happy life. :)

Reactions: GG Woody
Also gonna cut some 9" shorties to supplement. They should dry fairly quick.

Reactions: mpaul
The second fire tonight is going, before I call it a night, I'll shut the fan off.

Reactions: Wisco Shepherd
nothing inside the F500 now, yet.

sitting here wearing bed shorts and an old hoodless sweatshirt, it's 44°F outside & 63° in here.
tempted to fire up the 1st of the season.
am I nuts to do so?

No you are not nuts. Your stove, your wood, be comfortable. If it cold enough to draft and you are not comfortable I say fire that boy up. I know I would. We have the same temps here or at least close. It 47 outside and 65 in the house but I still have a fan in the window and it will hit 78 or so today.

No you are not nuts. Your stove, your wood, be comfortable. If it cold enough to draft and you are not comfortable I say fire that boy up. I know I would. We have the same temps here or at least close. It 47 outside and 65 in the house but I still have a fan in the window and it will hit 78 or so today.
[Hearth.com] What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

I feel better already 🔥

Our morning lows have been dropping below freezing even with the highs in the 60’s. 26 this morning so a small evening fire is nice to keep the cabin temps comfy by morning.

NOAA is calling for a low of 36 tomorrow morning, the overnight load of shoulder season wood is going in the Liberty. The basement started off at 74 (had a small fire after supper) the temps up here are 72 & 73.

Reactions: ozarkoak
I'm hoping we can go until the first of November before lighting up, but we'll see. The past couple of days have been nice and in the high 60s.

Had a small hot load last night to take the edge off. We are in the high 30s overnight but hitting 60s and low 70s during the day. Seems like the night fire works good for my setup house was still 69 this morning and will likely see some solar gain through the day. Next week shows 50s for high so that will be nice.

We had 38.5 out this morning, we also received some rain last night. This morning I did a quick first fire and then loaded it up again after I came back from the store. The last I checked the basement was 77 with the temps up here 70 & 71.