What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

Dobish

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2015
Golden CO
i loaded up with some elm, maple, and a few little pine branches... but the next load will be good... maple, locust and elm, with a sprig of spruce for good measure :)

Tar12

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2016
Indiana
Full belly of Black Locust...

Alpine1

Feeling the Heat
Apr 27, 2017
Eastern Alps, Italy
Silver fir and beech. -2C and snowing right now.

HisTreeNut

Minister of Fire
Nov 3, 2014
Burnsville, NC
Pine right now and pine and oak mix tonight.

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Snow storm! Went with a mix of maple and oak for some coals.

AlbergSteve

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
Been burning cedar for the last couple of weeks but it's goin' to -7C tonight but lucky me, I found some nice 3 year old maple 6-8'' splits in the middle of the pile - hoping to 14- 16 hours out of it tomorrow...

Wood Dog

Mar 4, 2016
NE Kansas
We've had rain/ sleet in the last day with 31* for a high, so I'm using some 2-year-old honey locust that was standing dead back then. It don't get much better than that.... for me

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
After snow a couple days ago, I shut her down today. Got a spike of a warm day into the 70s., supposed to drop back down the next few days. We shall see. On a side note, I got a local tree company to drop me a load of logs today. I came home to find it dumped. I'm pumped to get working on it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: RandyBoBandy

snojetter

Feb 1, 2018
Brandon, MN
Stove belly is full of basswood. Yes, you heard that right - basswood. Loaded it full at 7:00 this morning and I expect to be reloading at about 11:00. I don't let much of anything go to waste around here. Maybe I should take up whittling...

Reactions: AlbergSteve

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Cherry and Maple. Just when winter looks like it’s gonna quit, she strikes back. Maybe another snow storm this week? Loaded another cord into the basement today to be safe

Reactions: Tom123

AlbergSteve

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2017
Vancouver Island
I very, very, carefully loaded the stove with cedar....
P_20180304_165724.jpg P_20180304_165848.jpg

RandyBoBandy

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2015
Whitmore lake
Day time temps have been in the 30s-40s with the nights in the 20’s so I’ve been mixing my loads with oak and sassafras. I have to say I like the sassafras. It puts on a great flame show with awesome secondaries and I’m still getting 12-14 hour burns with the big splits of oak in there as well.

bfast250

Burning Hunk
Dec 6, 2013
Missouri
Day time temps have been in the 30s-40s with the nights in the 20’s so I’ve been mixing my loads with oak and sassafras. I have to say I like the sassafras. It puts on a great flame show with awesome secondaries and I’m still getting 12-14 hour burns with the big splits of oak in there as well.
I like sassafras too. Cuts easy, dries fast, smells great. It's good stuff!

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink

Riddlefiddle

Nov 7, 2017
Attica, New York
I have been burning sugar maple seasoned two years. I use pine to get the fire going. Waiting on a bunch of cherry to season. Will be ready to burn by august of 2018. Can't wait as I have never burned cherry before.:)

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
Can’t believe I’m saying this on this 18 degree April 8 but a full load of 3 year old cedar. Not bad for this extended shoulder season we’ve been having.

Last edited:

Jay106n

Minister of Fire
Apr 1, 2015
Litchfield County, CT
I cut a small standing dead black cherry about a month ago, not for the wood, but just because it needed to come down. It had no bark on it with about an inch of punk all the way around. I didn’t want to touch next years wood so I threw the black cherry rounds into the stove. I did a fresh split test, the center came to 18%. Still better than burning oil!

Reactions: Tom123

fishki

Jan 5, 2017
SE Kansas
A few sticks of elm, its warming back up after that crappy weather over the weekend. Mid 30's tonite, mid 60's tomorrow.