What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
High winds and dropping temps here AGAIN...went out to my Black Locust stash and selected some premium stuff and loaded the stove up..

Reactions: Rangerbait
Burning 2+ year old black birch and red oak...makes for a wonderful fire!

Reactions: Lakeside
I'm a little off schedule tonight, and we're about to head below zero again, so I'm running a few oak and ash splits to build up a good coal base before packing the stove for bedtime.

At home, ash and a mix of different maples (mostly silver), small amounts of elm, oak and cherry are occasionally in the mix as well.
At camp it's a mix of balsam, poplar maple and birch (both white and some yellow), basically we're on anything that got cleared down when we built the cabin.

Ran a 50/50 mix of Black Locust and White Oak last night and this morning..good stuff!

Making ashes from some 3 year old ELM. This stuff is so dry it is on fire before I have the stove fully loaded.

Making ashes from some 3 year old ELM. This stuff is so dry it is on fire before I have the stove fully loaded.
Thats the way my Locust is...by the 3rd piece it is taking off! Thats a good thing as I can shut the stove down much sooner.

Small ash rounds Burnin in the box today
-wood-stove.jpg

Some cedar slabs, because it was at the front of the wood shed. ;lol

Reactions: Stinkpickle
All pine tonight...
e2c45e64da0114bf3378fa1d52642743.jpg

Reactions: ajayabb
Ran my supply out that was right next to the boiler, and didn't have time to grab some from the next driest stack so I loaded up a wheelbarrow with wood from the next nearest stack.

That was... a mistake.

Boiler ran flat out for 14h solid, never making it above 450F on the outlet (normally 1000-1500F) at any point, and ultimately going cold enough to generate a low water temp warning just as I work up in the morning.

I can't wait until spring so I can finally get ahead on stacking and drying.

Absolutely nothing right now have a torn rotator cuff in my shoulder so I'm down an can't do much.

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

got some mulberry going right now. ash & a little oak for tonight.

Full load of Black Locust tonight...
IMG_3143.jpg

Reactions: AlbergSteve
It's cold tonight so it is Sugar Maple and Red Oak and
when the temps go up it will be Sugar Maple and Red Oak
Wait a minute that's all I got

Reactions: Tar12
BEECH!!!!............it's what's for dinner!