What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
We had 41.7 this morning, the basement temp started out at 66 with the temps up here at 68, I cycled the furnace last night for about 7 to 10 minutes last night.

I started a fire this morning, that felt good while having coffee.

Mini split running this morning. No fire now. Will start one later this afternoon as it will be cool for the next few days.

Reactions: thewoodlands
The outside temp tonight is 36, the basement temp is starting out at 75 with the temps up here 70 & 71.

I did have a fire after supper, tonight we have another load of pine going in the Liberty.

We had a low of 28.6 this morning, the basement temp started off at 70 with the temps up here at 68 & 69. Another shoulder season fire was started before coffee.

Reactions: MRD1985 and NickW
Cold air.

Still damprid.
I did connect the stove pipe again; it's no longer humid outside.

Used the mini split twice so far. Long range forecast says the stove may only be out around November 30...

We had a low of 43.5 this morning, I'm not sure what the basement temp was but up here it was 68 & 69 before a fire. I shut the fan off when the basement temp hit 77, the temp up here is 71.

Last night the temp up here was 72 so we didn't have a fire.

Reactions: MRD1985
It's 36.1 out tonight with a forecast low of 29, the basement temp is starting out at 75 with the temps up here 70 & 71. We have another pine fire going in the Liberty for some overnight heat. I did have a fire after supper tonight, more pine.

Going down to 34 tonight so our coldest night so far. Fired up a load a cherry, elm, and maple split surrounded by uglies. One piece of fatwood, a pinecone and some kindling got things going. STT 550 main floor went from 67 to 74. House will hold the heat for the night. Cold start in the morning.