What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 47.8 this morning, the house was 68 & 69. We had a fire this morning that brought the house temp to 70 & 71.

Reactions: Gearhead660
Some scrappy wood from the yard, and some punky pine.
The kitties seem to be enjoying it...

Pine and some punky maple. Oil furnace bit the dust this past weekend so only wood heat to take out the chill until next week when the new furnace goes in.

We have 48.2 tonight with the house temp between 68 & 70, I have a fire going in the Lopi tonight.

Reactions: dafattkidd and Riff
It's 46.8 out tonight with the temps in the house between 67 & 69, we have a fire going tonight.

Morning fire burning some oak splitter sweepings in the insert. Got numerous barrels I need to use up.

Reactions: thewoodlands
No fire tonight. 60 tomorrow and Friday. Small boost from upstairs lpg fireplace in the morning will do. I overheated the house last weekend.

I need to move some more wood up to the house in the morning. Been thru the 1/2 cord that I had moved already, it goes quickly when running two stoves, even if only overnights for now.

I need to move some more wood up to the house in the morning. Been thru the 1/2 cord that I had moved already, it goes quickly when running two stoves, even if only overnights for now.
Wow. Already 1/2 cord! Two stoves i get it. But then I get it again, old big house (stone everywhere)
In my last (last old) house I would start burning third week of Sept (usually).

Wow. Already 1/2 cord! Two stoves i get it. But then I get it again, old big house (stone everywhere)
In my last (last old) house I would start burning third week of Sept (usually).
Third factor: My wife has been complaining all evening, and threatening to turn up the thermostat on the boiler, because I've let the inside temperature drop down to 73F. :rolleyes:

She has gotten too used to sitting in the warm office near the stove.

You two must be younger than us. My wife………cooler the better…….time….

We have 48.2 tonight, I had a fire that had part of the basement at 75 before I shut the fan off, the temps up here are between 68 & 70.

You two must be younger than us. My wife………cooler the better…….time….
We're on the cusp of all that, by both age and other signs. I guess this is one of those, "be careful what you ask for" moments, when I fantasize about skipping an evening of loading and lighting the stove.

Again, sadly no fire in the house today. The fire pit fire has been going nicely. Maybe tomorrow evening. Lots of rain coming this way for the weekend. Time to catch up on work work…..

Reactions: thewoodlands
We've had one stove going even on the warmer nights. The larger stone part of this house doesn't swing much with day to day shifts in outside temperature, so once we start for the season, we rarely stop for a single warm night. The second stove is in a modern framed addition, and we don't bother loading that one on a warm evening, but a million pounds of stone in the main part of the house translates to pretty consistent heat demand until we get a few warm days in a row.

Last night's low was 50F, I believe. 74F in here, now.

Haven’t fired up the Buck 80 yet. Waitin on new cat housing gasket currently. Really hasn’t been cold enough for me yet. Cat still in perfect shape this will be the 4th season with it bought it used I believe this stove was made around 93. I’ll be up your way tomorrow ashful getting wood split up for next year and the following.

ya gotta get off my lazy arse and move my 5 cords next to house .ahhh maybe sunday or monday or...
All at once?!?

I move between a half and three quarters of a cord at a time, every 2-3 weeks, depending on how the weather breaks. I load my wagon and park it under the porch, right outside my basement door. Just moved another load yesterday, in fact:

63 in the house this am, 58 outside all day with rain=no solar temperature gain. Good day to burn off some uglies. Low of 48 tonight so the house will hold upper 60s through the night.