What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's 30.2 tonight with the wood stove getting another load of ash and just for @clancey , two small limb wood rounds of ironwood. 😉

The basement temp hit 74 heading north, the living room temp is 69 and the sleeper is 68.

• Haha
Reactions: MMH and stoveliker
You like sleeping warm...(I prefer 60 I'm the bedroom).

Is your bedroom this temperature also at the end of the night?

You like sleeping warm...(I prefer 60 I'm the bedroom).

Is your bedroom this temperature also at the end of the night?
We usually have it 64 but the warmer temps outside has the bedroom temp up 4 degrees.

The temp should be pretty close to 68 in the morning with the outside temps were having.

Reactions: stoveliker and MMH
Low temps for a few days, highs in the 20s lows single digits or lower, snow for a couple days. Brought mahogany in for that. Tonight is 4 pieces of mahogany 4 pieces of pine and mystery fillers.

Our outside temp was 25.1 this morning with the basement at 70, the living room 67 and the bedroom temp was 66 with more ash going in the wood stove this morning.

Reactions: MMH
Currently 22 out feels like 10. House is 71, dorothy still cruising on last nights load.
We just hit 52, crazy weather for February in our neck of the woods.

Currently 24 out, feels like 13; house is 70. Just reloaded with a piece of pine juniper and mahogany for the rest of this afternoon. @thewoodlands same here we had 60 just last week and highs in the 50-60 range for almost 2 weeks or so before this system came through.

Currently 24 out, feels like 13; house is 70. Just reloaded with a piece of pine juniper and mahogany for the rest of this afternoon. @thewoodlands same here we had 60 just last week and highs in the 50-60 range for almost 2 weeks or so before this system came through.
Tomorrow we go from 44 to 3 and then Sunday night Accu has us hitting - 10. We're having a crazy azz February weather wise.

Its been a crazy February here as well..62 yesterday..59 today headed down 25 tonight and hanging out in the low 20s at night for several days...just fed the Princess a belly full of Oak...its all good.

I didn't think we needed a fire but the boss wanted one tonight so I loaded up the liberty with ash for the overnight burn.

It's 47.3 tonight with the living room temp at 70.

Currently 20 out with the “feels like” at 10, lows headed for around 10. Always end up near 0 with this type of weather. House is 71. Loaded up tonight with 4 pieces of mahogany 5 pine splits and some more mystery fillers.

We had 45.3 this morning with the living room temp at 70 and the sleeper at 69. We started off the morning with a load of ash going in the wood stove.

The outside temp has dropped to 26.4 with some strong winds and it's started snowing some.

Came back from our trip to PA. 60 outside... But a low of 27 tonight. So I lit the stove. 3 splits of pine to get it going (and heat up the basement) before the night reload.

Basement is 80, all is warm, burned off the creosote that was caked on my window from the long slow oak burn when I left for a few days with a hot short fire to start the stove, flue, basement. Now a reload of red oak. A bit shorter pieces than I like (15" or so vs 17-18") but it will only be 27 for a low. So it's enough fuel for the night.

Currently 11 out with the wind chill making -1, house is 71. Lows headed for -7 tonight, which will be coldest part of this system. Dorothy cruised all day on the juniper and mahogany pieces. Reloaded with mostly mahogany, some pine splits and mystery fillers.

We have a temp of 8.4 tonight with NOAA calling for a low of - 3, I'm going with just the wood stove tonight that has a bottom row of ash and the rest filled with ironwood.

The basement temp is 77 heading up, it's 68 in the living room and 67 in the sleeper.

Hit negatives last night, currently 0 out house is 68. I’ll be turning the stove up and then having a pine bin fire to help burn down the coals of burning mahogany for the week.

Reactions: stoveliker
fired up the Jøtul about 10 today (had factory time from 5am to 930)
added some old apple to it cuz i was going be out side for a few hours... love the scent.
stove's been going since... old dirty mixed hards with the apple (did scent some hickory too)

sitting at that lap top behind the stove eating smoked string cheese & surfin' the web (when was the last time ya heard that?)
here's my view:

snow expected tonight, 'bout 4 to 6" er'so... Stay warm!

We had 3.5 this morning with the basement at 70 and up here 65 before the first fire.