We definitely want to know

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I wish it was that easy, the price I got did not include installation. I will do install myself...

I wish it was that easy, the price I got did not include installation. I will do install myself...

If you have the original quote that was agreed upon in writing you can more than likely get the money back. If it’s a quote over the phone and you paid in person etc. you have a decision to make. Pay it or fight it.

It’s tough but after getting screwed on a Car purchase years ago... I get everything in writing and emailed to me.

Good luck [emoji256]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We definitely want to know
Not over phone, not online.......Was standing in the store dealing with the salesman.....

Last edited by a moderator:
walk away from the deal altogether and buy a different stove, check out woodstock stoves https://www.woodstove.com/ you can buy from them direct and they make an excellent product.
Yep, save an easy $1K on one of the hybrid plate-steel Woodstocks. But really, you're in the heart of Buckstove country...no reason to try to swim upstream or re-invent the wheel. >>

Yep, save an easy $1K on one of the hybrid plate-steel Woodstocks. But really, you're in the heart of Buckstove country...no reason to try to swim upstream or re-invent the wheel. >>
Yeah but you dont have the thermostatic control on any of the other cats

Reactions: Wildbilljp
Hold his feet to the fire or take your money elsewhere. Us be reluctant to do business with someone who pulled this. Tells a lot about his character.

Yeah but you dont have the thermostatic control on any of the other cats
That is the thing I'd like to have right now that the BKs offer; That way I wouldn't have to open the air on the coals for the last few hours of the burn, to kick up the output a bit. Although I do that most of the time, the only time I absolutely need to do it is when it hits single digits out, and I'm riding the stove for as much heat as I can get. If I had a rig with higher top-end output and a bigger box, it would be a non-issue. For me that would be the Absolute. Yes, the room temp would be a couple of degrees higher during the burn when I ran the stove a bit hotter to counter the cold weather, but that would work for me. It's not like we would be roasting if it were 74 in here for a while. In lieu of a bigger stove, I would have to tighten up the air leaks in this place some more. I haven't decided which way I will go yet. If we add a room, I go bigger or add another stove on the other flue I have in the chimney. Really don't wanna run two stoves, though..
the price I got did not include installation.
Here I was thinking he jacked it because you told him you wanted a block-off plate. ;)

Last edited:
Your receipt says refund within 7 days. Go get your money back. Do you really want to do business with this dealer?

Actually, I'd argue that him taking your check with that quote constitutes a contract, and he's obligated to provide it for you . Hed be liable for any additional that you're out if you needed to go through a different vendor.

I bought a king classic with everything 3169 Canadian they even through in a fan kit. I did the install myself .

Why did he raise the price

Guy "said" the BK factory rep gave him the wrong price over the phone. This was related to me in a phone call the day after the check cleared my account.
OK so think about it. At $3661 he is not loosing money. If that were the case, how are people posting that they paid $3300 & even less for the same insert, door and shroud? Who knows what this guy is thinking?
I am about over it. I just want this to be over. I would hope BK corporate people would not want this guy representing their product in the future. Man, I was feeling so good thinking about that BK insert on a truck headed my way.
Oh, hope you all have a great Christmas.

Actually, I'd argue that him taking your check with that quote constitutes a contract, and he's obligated to provide it for you . Hed be liable for any additional that you're out if you needed to go through a different vendor.
It does constitute a contract. Problem is, just cause you have it doesn't mean you can do anything with it. Not enough money to do anything legal about.

I'd pay the money, act nice until it's installed, the go into action if it still matters to you. I'd figure out a way to go get the stove myself asap.

Contact BK, BBB, local TV news problem solvers, etc. after stove is in your possession. The danger now is trying to get money back, and no stove to boot. Should that occur, all sorts of bad things might start happening. If the guy is considering bankruptcy, the money will be gone and no stove.

Happens all the time, and for the amount involved, a lawyer would chew through that amount in no time.

I’m from Tennessee.. I think Ida went full redneck on a fella who jacked up the price after agreeing. (Were a little backwards down here in the woods) lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your ever contact another dealer and see what it would cost elsewhere?

I would Get my money back and go elsewhere. Surely this particular case of a seller/consumer relationship will never be a good one, ever. Dealer relationships are important in major purchases.

Guy "said" the BK factory rep gave him the wrong price over the phone. This was related to me in a phone call the day after the check cleared my account.
OK so think about it. At $3661 he is not loosing money. If that were the case, how are people posting that they paid $3300 & even less for the same insert, door and shroud? Who knows what this guy is thinking?
I am about over it. I just want this to be over. I would hope BK corporate people would not want this guy representing their product in the future. Man, I was feeling so good thinking about that BK insert on a truck headed my way.
Oh, hope you all have a great Christmas.
No reputable dealer would need to call a rep for a price!

Last edited:
That's the whole point of small claims.
Ever done that? A small claims judgement still requires enforcement. Ever tried to pursue enforcement against someone determined to avoid it?

If it's down to $250, not even close to worth the time and effort. Probably not even for $700. At this point, it's time to either get the stove or the original money back, and if one is of the mind to do so, make a point by trying to do some reputation damage to make a point and personal satsfaction, after.

Once someone displays the moral fiber and audacity to not honor a contract that they well know that they've entered into, you are dealing with a bad and/or desperate person. Get what you can as quickly as possible, and get out.

Always pay for large purchases with a good credit card. I have been through this stuff twice now. Took 5 minutes on the phone with capitol one and i got it charged back. Then they go after the creeps.

Was funny. One time they actually called me like 4 months later and asked when I would be making payment. I laughed at them and asked if they forgot about my complaint and the charge back they received, hence the no payment.

Always pay for large purchases with a good credit card. I have been through this stuff twice now. Took 5 minutes on the phone with capitol one and i got it charged back. Then they go after the creeps.

Was funny. One time they actually called me like 4 months later and asked when I would be making payment. I laughed at them and asked if they forgot about my complaint and the charge back they received, hence the no payment.
That's what I would do but he wrote a check, if it was me I'd take the money back, tell this guy to shove it up his arse and buy from another dealer. whether its another BK or another brand.

Many of you have responded to the post about the BK dealer who raised his price after the sale. Well, he called me today and I had to agree to pay him an extra $200 in addition to the receipt amount I have on my printed receipt.
I know several members here said just kill the deal and some of you said hold him to the original deal. $200 won't break me and definitely won't make or break his business. But now, I sure as hell would not recommend him to anyone else.
Hopefully all will go smoothly from here. We'll see???
Thanks for the input and as someone suggested, I will take pictures and post during the install.
Man, I like this site and all the info.