Uh oh...what's this?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Anyway to put a timer on your kummas computer? I know there are 8 even upto 12 hour itermatic spring timers. Save you from having to go down stairs every 10 hours.
Yeah, and if you could rig up an automatic loader, you'd never hafta go downstairs! ;lol ;)

I actually did put a shutoff timer on my VF200...it worked well...I still have it, but haven't used it on the VF100 yet...thought about it, but I guess the 100 is a pretty good match for my house size wise, so I haven't really needed it yet...even though I'm sure I could gain a bit of efficiency by doing so...

This morning was the very first morning
Yeah, and if you could rig up an automatic loader, you'd never hafta go downstairs! ;lol ;)

I actually did put a shutoff timer on my VF200...it worked well...I still have it, but haven't used it on the VF100 yet...thought about it, but I guess the 100 is a pretty good match for my house size wise, so I haven't really needed it yet...even though I'm sure I could gain a bit of efficiency by doing so...

That's right, I forgot you did do that.

I guess, for me, the only time I'd want the damper to close would be during the shoulder seasons when I don't need the higher BTU/hr rate and to just prolong the coals so I can prolong the next loading. One would be spreading out the BTU's released to the house over a longer timeframe and not sending them up the chimney.