Regency 3100 Wood Stove Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

seeker91199

Mar 11, 2014
Pennsylvania
I have a Regency wood stove fireplace insert that is about 10 years old. It was installed with a liner which I clean regularly. Performance has been very good but this year the stove burns hot even when the draft control is closed completely.

I cleaned the flue and replaced the door gasket and adjusted the latch to be sure the door was sealed. Firebrick is in good shape. The only issue I see is the metal baffles along the top front are warped. It appears to be 3 pieces, if it started as one then it cracked in 2 places.

I'm concerned there is a crack letting air in that is feeding the fire.

It is still usable but the burn time has gotten short...a full load only lasts 3-4 hours.

If any is familiar with the Regency 3100 any advice where to look for leaks or cracks would be appreciated.

Check the corners of the door opening in the front of the stove body.
Those steel bodies have been know to split at the corners.
The burn tubes & baffles are easily replaced if you want to do that.
I can talk you thru it.

I have a Regency wood stove fireplace insert that is about 10 years old. It was installed with a liner which I clean regularly. Performance has been very good but this year the stove burns hot even when the draft control is closed completely.

I cleaned the flue and replaced the door gasket and adjusted the latch to be sure the door was sealed. Firebrick is in good shape. The only issue I see is the metal baffles along the top front are warped. It appears to be 3 pieces, if it started as one then it cracked in 2 places.

I'm concerned there is a crack letting air in that is feeding the fire.

It is still usable but the burn time has gotten short...a full load only lasts 3-4 hours.

If any is familiar with the Regency 3100 any advice where to look for leaks or cracks would be appreciated.
Post a picture of the inside of the stove

I'll need to pull it out and investigate further but I did find some internal cracks. It's likely the crack would have propogated to the outer shell.

Here's a link to a jpeg:
It is very unlikely that will spread to the box

I guess time will tell

Here is a picture of the other side where it looks like the crack followed the weld all the way behind the fire brick.

I have seen lots of cracks like these on regencies quads lopis and others. I have yet to see one of those cracks spread to the box. In the front that will if the heat deflector isn't replaced