Please Help! Im completly new and Totally Clueless!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks everyone!

He check it out last night. He's going to price out a "through the roof" chimney with dented pipe, he gets its at 1/2 off his regular discount. It should keep the price
waaaaay down, compared to going out the wall, then up. He gave me a couple quick suggestions, just to be extra cautious. The jest of it was, the chimney wasnt going to pass code, I new that. And he doesnt recommend burning when noone is there. He said it should be completely fine for now. Just keep an eye on it. (I have a large fire extinguisher ready, just in case of a freak accident) So yea, about what I suspected!

Im looking forward to a new chimney install, that I wont have to moniter, and keep an eye on, (so closely) And one that Goes striat up the whole way! That will increase the draft im sure! He also hooked me up with as many truckloads of wood as I can load, of seasoned wood, for 15 bucks a load! I just need to buck and split it, and let the rain dry off from the outside. He said its been down for 2 years, and you can burn it the day after you split it. He said it burns very hot. Yeawho!!!

Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.