Need Some Help. Neighbor (Environmental Atty) Filed Complaint

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Per Merriam - Webster Dictionary. This should help muddle things up. Lol

steam

noun
\ ˈstēm \
Definition of steam
(Entry 1 of 2)

1: a vapor arising from a heated substance
2a: the invisible vapor into which water is converted when heated to the boiling point
b: the mist formed by the condensation on cooling of water vapor
3a: water vapor kept under pressure so as to supply energy for heating, cooking, or mechanical workalso : the power so generated
b: active force : POWER, MOMENTUMgot there under his own steamsales began to pick up steamalso : normal force at full steam
c: pent-up emotional tension needed to let off a little steam
4a: STEAMER sense 2a
b: travel by or a trip in a steamer
steam

verb
steamed; steaming; steams
Definition of steam (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb

1: to give out as fumes : EXHALE
2: to apply steam toespecially : to expose to the action of steam (as for softening or cooking)
intransitive verb

1: to rise or pass off as vapor
2: to give off steam or vapor
3a: to move or travel by the agency of steam
b: to move or proceed with energy or force
4: to be angry : BOILsteaming over the insult

Maple1 … Tips for Better BBQ here: http://thesmokering.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45&sid=87a6d1fd47c0a7b1c137114ff6b81bff.

Here's' my smoker. Just a little visible smoke from an small, hot fire. Or, no visible smoke unless the sunlight hits it just right.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4253722-Finally-bought-an-offset-horizontal-smoker

The barbequed beef fajita wraps on page 2 great. Very easy to make since I have BBQ in the freezer: tri-tip flank steak, and skirt steak.

I bombed in my first attempt at bacon on page 3. Way, way too salty for me. My wife liked, it, though. :)

Maple1 … Tips for Better BBQ here: http://thesmokering.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=45&sid=87a6d1fd47c0a7b1c137114ff6b81bff.

Here's' my smoker. Just a little visible smoke from an small, hot fire. Or, no visible smoke unless the sunlight hits it just right.

https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4253722-Finally-bought-an-offset-horizontal-smoker

The barbequed beef fajita wraps on page 2 great. Very easy to make since I have BBQ in the freezer: tri-tip flank steak, and skirt steak.

I bombed in my first attempt at bacon on page 3. Way, way too salty for me. My wife liked, it, though. :)

Ya, thanks for the info, but I don't think I will start clicking smoker links. I waste enough time on this place & ones like it. I will happily carry on with my semi-ignorant very part time smoking ways.

For now. ::-)

trainn.jpeg

You want to massage and back track have fun. No big deal. you didn't express yourself as well as you could have it's fine. But the statement was completely inaccurate.
Yes it was. No it wasn’t. Yes it was....Sigh. You know, this used to be a site I really enjoyed. I learned a lot. I picked up many valuable tips. But recently it has taken a turn for the worse and many of the people who post here just seem to want to argue. It is no longer enjoyable for me. I post information I learned from this very site and people want to give push-back and argue. If you consider yourself the gate keeper of information here have a comfortable ride up there on that high-horse of yours. Do what you want. Think what you want. I really don’t care. But I have lost interest in this conversation so you will have to forgive me for no longer participating in it. I have other things to do with my time.

Yes it was. No it wasn’t. Yes it was....Sigh. You know, this used to be a site I really enjoyed. I learned a lot. I picked up many valuable tips. But recently it has taken a turn for the worse and many of the people who post here just seem to want to argue. It is no longer enjoyable for me. I post information I learned from this very site and people want to give push-back and argue. If you consider yourself the gate keeper of information here have a comfortable ride up there on that high-horse of yours. Do what you want. Think what you want. I really don’t care. But I have lost interest in this conversation so you will have to forgive me for no longer participating in it. I have other things to do with my time.
If you don't like to argue, you shouldn't have started an argument. You started this by quoting somebody else, but the whole thing was referring back to a day or two earlier when I asked if OP knew how to tell the difference between smoke and steam. Nobody else took issue with my use of the word (until you jumped in) because while you are technically correct, and right or wrong, it is common among most people to refer to "condensed water droplets" coming from a chimney, or exhaust of some sort, as "steam".
Don't like to argue, don't start one...everybody else here seemed to know what I was getting at...don't confuse "condensed water droplets" for "post combustion particles" :rolleyes: (smoke)
And I will let this go from here on too, as unless OP returns for an update, this dead horse has been pulverized.

This one has hit a wall, folks. Stick a fork in it...its done.

Status
Not open for further replies.