MORSO 7110 BACK WALL LINING FIRE BRICK CRACKED

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

rtaichman

Oct 28, 2024
new york
hi my names robert. I have a morso 7110 that was installed in our vacation home about 4 years ago. We use it pretty sparingly maybe once every 2 weeks in the winter and fall so dont get a whole lot of use but we use it every time were up at the house. I recently noticed that there is a hairline crack on the back wall on the firebrick as in the photos attached. Is this common on these types of stoves. I was told by the distirbutor that it is quite common and nothing to worry about only if it starts to crumble it should be replaced? is this true? im a bit nervous to continue using it should i replace it?

does anyone have a video of how to replace the back firebrick wall and perhaps a link to the replacement brick for this model?

thanks

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] MORSO 7110 BACK WALL LINING FIRE BRICK CRACKED
    PXL_20241027_134833838.PORTRAIT.webp
    390.5 KB · Views: 9
    PXL_20241027_134804691.webp
    171 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: DAKSY
Looks like you’re going to have to buy the entire refractory kit. Take a look at the pieces on your unit & you should be able to figure out which piece has to come out first. Generally, the sides hold the back in place, but you’ll have to look to see if that’s how yours has to come apart. Not intending to belittle or disrespect you, but make sure the stove is cold before you start.

Attachments

IMG_2124.webp
    66.1 KB · Views: 2
I'd use it like the dealer recommended. So far the bricks look in very good condition and appear to be held in place well by the side bricks. The crack could be mended with some refractory cement if it's worrisome, but this isn't a bad case. Be careful adding wood into the hot stove so that it doesn't bang against the refractory bricks.