Low 50s, high 40s at night. Still too early?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likewise, the house is being heated by electrons from the sun both directly and indirectly. We are still generating about 23kWh on sunny days so our daily use is still a net gain in power even with the heat pump running occasionally. It would be better but we are starting to get shading from the tall redwood. As the daylight shortens and then the rains come it will be a different story. Could be soon when we start using the dryer again.

Wow. It's like 85 here today. Maybe I should change gears for awhile, and take the boat out instead. Anyways, just finished installing the princess insert. What a chore to do it all including running the liner by yourself. It looks great. Hopefully she works great when that time finally arrives.

Did a "test burn" for the season today. 49 F now, small fire, windows open an inch all over.

It's early. First cool night here. Had some paint and cement to cure and I was looking for
the opportunity to fire up. LOL Two kindle fires, and a small overnighter. It's 430 am and
just shoved together an excuse of a coal bed. Going to 70 today so it's back on standby mode.

She said it was a waste doing a burn this early. Me: "Umm, Honey, it's free and we have to get this
stuff cured for the real deal next week." "We have 8.3C for a 5C winter"
Who rolled her desk chair next to Wibur and read her book with feet propped on the hearth???

Luvya baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JabaduGarfunkle
Definitely try it out when its chilly! Just a small fire before the sun warms up outside. Here it is down in the mid 30s at night now and on a rainy day we have the mini splits going to keep it nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.