Looking for Log Splitter recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I wear Shure inner ear monitors (IEM’s), am old habit from my days as a drummer in a band. So, I always have a history podcast or audiobook going in my ears, when I’m moving wood or splitting. Don’t know how you guys do this brain-numbing work for any length of time, without some form of stimulation, maybe I’m just lacking in personal reflection.

Always meant to read the Bible, and never got to it? Audiobooks. Moby Dick? War and Peace? You guessed it... I’m not that interesting, on my own.

I wear Shure inner ear monitors (IEM’s), am old habit from my days as a drummer in a band. So, I always have a history podcast or audiobook going in my ears, when I’m moving wood or splitting. Don’t know how you guys do this brain-numbing work for any length of time, without some form of stimulation, maybe I’m just lacking in personal reflection.

Always meant to read the Bible, and never got to it? Audiobooks. Moby Dick? War and Peace? You guessed it... I’m not that interesting, on my own.

Not a bad idea with the audiobooks. I find processing firewood to be a great meditation. The downside is I'm less well read since all I read in highschool was D&D based fantasy books and I haven't really read any fiction since graduating highschool. Do you download the audiobooks? There's very limited cell service here and I'm usually out of wifi range. Perhaps I could give xx (I forget how many) Thousand Leagues Under the Sea a try again...

My favorite podcasts all took a real dive a few years ago and I haven't really gone looking for any since. What do you listen to?

I find processing firewood to be a great meditation.
I avoid meditation, it just allows me time to mentally confirm I’m as much an a$$hole as I had already suspected.

My favorite podcast at this moment is “1865”, the story of Stanton, Wells, and Johnson, in the wake of the Lincoln assassination. My other favorite of all time is Hardcore History from Dan Carlin, limited availability, and not for the faint of heart. But I listen to many:

Carlin - Hardcore History
Carlin - hardcore Addendum
Wondery - American History Tellers
Wondery - American Innovations
Wondery - Business Wars
Wondery - American Scandal
Mahnke - Lore
Mahnke - Cabinet of Curiosities (shorts)

Too many others to list... some are sailing-specific.

For books, I use the Audible service.

All of these podcasts and books can be downloaded at home on WiFi, before you head out.

Reactions: SpaceBus
I avoid meditation, it just allows me time to mentally confirm I’m as much an a$$hole as I had already suspected.

My favorite podcast at this moment is “1865”, the story of Stanton, Wells, and Johnson, in the wake of the Lincoln assassination. My other favorite of all time is Hardcore History from Dan Carlin, limited availability, and not for the faint of heart. But I listen to many:

Carlin - Hardcore History
Carlin - hardcore Addendum
Wondery - American History Tellers
Wondery - American Innovations
Wondery - Business Wars
Wondery - American Scandal
Mahnke - Lore
Mahnke - Cabinet of Curiosities (shorts)

Too many others to list... some are sailing-specific.

For books, I use the Audible service.

All of these podcasts and books can be downloaded at home on WiFi, before you head out.

My favorite was the Cracked Podcast before the founder was reassigned elsewhere. I'll investigate your list.