Jotul 400 -not hot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious that you mounted a blower on the F400. This is the first I have heard of that. Jotul does not list a blower as an option. Is it an after market part or something you made yourself?

It is factory. When I reinstalled the stove outlet, I installed the brackets for the rear heat shield. I like the looks without it but wanted the option without tearing everything apart. The rear heat shield is factory with the blower kit suspended from the bottom. It is removable as well. There is a manual and auto mode with two electric clips that mount to two male connectors on the bottom of the stove.....this must be a thermostat. I have been running auto only. Take a look at jotuls website under accessories.

BHOP thanks for the reply. I had looked at the jotul website and the woodstove F400 does not list a blower as an option. The one in the accessories category is probably the one for the F500, F50 and F55. I did see they have one listed for the gas version of the F400 though so it must work as you have shown. I bet it would really move the heat. Thanks again.

BHOP thanks for the reply. I had looked at the jotul website and the woodstove F400 does not list a blower as an option. The one in the accessories category is probably the one for the F500, F50 and F55. I did see they have one listed for the gas version of the F400 though so it must work as you have shown. I bet it would really move the heat. Thanks again.

Rsw- no problem. It matches the blue/black of my stove perfectly but it looks a little bulky from the side. It is just a small squirrel cage and most likely could be reproduced with something quieter and as efficient for less. I think the rear shield keeps some heat off of the masonry wall behind it and provides a tunnel up the back for the air. It seems it pushes the air off the ceiling efficiently. If I turn the blower on it raises my thermostat on the wall by at least two degrees in less than 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.