Hearthstone truhybrid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Thanks OH_Varmntr, in fact if the stove had only one handle it would be ...probably OK, but there are 3 big handles plus the air control knob to catch the look and that dont matche the beauty of the stove itself. Only my/and my wife opinion. If you take a closer look at the air control knob (also in black) you can see on the photos 2 white dots to indicate the air adjustment from the closed position, much easier to fine tune the air feed rate.

It definitely would be nice if they had included graduation marks on the ash lip to help keep track of the primary air control knob. I like your idea of the white dots to keep track of it.

I've considered turning some knobs from aluminum but even these wooden pieces get pretty warm. I would think aluminum would be worse though.

Reactions: Shrewboy
It definitely would be nice if they had included graduation marks on the ash lip to help keep track of the primary air control knob. I like your idea of the white dots to keep track of it.

I've considered turning some knobs from aluminum but even these wooden pieces get pretty warm. I would think aluminum would be worse though.
One thing I consider curious is that the distances/clearances from the stove to combustibles must be : ex. 16 inches minimum for the sides....but they accept 3 big wood handles and a knob also from wood at a couple inches from the stove ??????? If a handle catches on fire and fall away on the unprotected wood floor that doesn't matter ? Maybe a Canadian question but I have it in my head many times.
Salutations from the same Canadian one.

A few people PMed me, going to plug this here, I included a lot of information in this post in case anyone was curious about this woodstove. Feel free to PM me questions!

Reactions: bundy150