Cost of Liner Installation?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that attitude is the sign to run like hell and don't look back.
No that is the sign of a professional who is not willing to compromise on the quality of my work. I will gladly explain what i am going to do and why but i dont give options.

Last edited:
My intention was certainly not to offend anyone. I have a Duraflex stainless steel liner I still have some of the leftover Duraflex insulation and the dura Flex tape for the insulation. That being said the chimney is a clay flue that is 13 in by 13 in so it doesn't take a lot of work to get a 6-inch liner down it and it's a straight shot. Also I did have a problem with the previous install before this was put in and I did have to pay a separate sweep $650 to mechanically and chemically remove all the massive amounts of glazed creosote from the chimney clay tiles before I had the flexible stainless steel insulated liner installed. I certainly would listen to everyone else who have far more experience than I do. You asked how much people were charged and I relayed when my installation costs were. It certainly seems like your chimney needs a lot more work than mine.
Well if you add that 650 to it it is still cheap but getting into the realm of a normal price

My intention was certainly not to offend anyone. I have a Duraflex stainless steel liner I still have some of the leftover Duraflex insulation and the dura Flex tape for the insulation. That being said the chimney is a clay flue that is 13 in by 13 in so it doesn't take a lot of work to get a 6-inch liner down it and it's a straight shot. Also I did have a problem with the previous install before this was put in and I did have to pay a separate sweep $650 to mechanically and chemically remove all the massive amounts of glazed creosote from the chimney clay tiles before I had the flexible stainless steel insulated liner installed. I certainly would listen to everyone else who have far more experience than I do. You asked how much people were charged and I relayed when my installation costs were. It certainly seems like your chimney needs a lot more work than mine.

There was nothing wrong with your post, you have every right to speak your mind and don't let anyone on this forum shame you, your opinion is always appreciated :)

There was nothing wrong with your post, you have every right to speak your mind and don't let anyone on this forum shame you, your opinion is always appreciated :)
No one shamed him or said his input was not welcome. We just pointed out that the price he was charged was very low. And it turns out that was because he had already paid someone else to do a big portion of the job.

I didnt take any offence from your post at all i just wanted to point out that price was very low and others shouldnt expect to get a similar price. If i offended you in any way i am sorry as well

Because your not willing to put it in writing leaving you with more power then the customer. You can be held accountable in a court of law with a written contract and that why so many salesmens quotes are so lacking info to protect them.
What dont i put in writing? I give a quote telling what i will be doing. There is no possible way i could list every component. What if i use a 30 degree elbow instead of a 15 do i need to do a change order to the contract? No i clearly state i will be installing a specific liners system and how it will be insulated. That liner system will always be installed to manufacturers specs and code. No matter what is in the contract if i dont install it to code and manufacturer spec i can be held liable.

No offense taken here by me or dare I say anyone else. No worries.

Hey y’all I posted here last week about HOW to install a liner into my narrow chimney flue. I ended up deciding that hiring a professional would be best... yesterday the guy cams out and measured everything and gave me this quote for 26’ of chimney:
1- Homesaver 7” 304 SS liner (oval flex)
1- oval to round connector
1- Insulation wrap
1-Appliance connector
1-9x18 top plate
1-9x18 cap
1-Building permit fee (required)

Total including labor and install: $2,063

Anyone have any comments on the quality of homesaver pro liners?

I’m here in the mid-Atlantic area, but I just wanted to test the waters here and see how you guys feel about the price of this install, as this is my first time.

Cheers
It is a good liner at a good price and if he is willing to use the damper plate as a block off plate it sounds good to me.

Just ignore all of the noise from our new troll. He just seems to enjoy insulting all pros.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.