Cooking thread, anyone?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Sounds like deef fried noodles, like these:
I’m sure most any noodle / crisp would be good with it, but what I’m accustomed to from the restaurant here is much finer.
It’s the bed that the chicken is served on, but it adds a nice crunch when added into the wrap.

Cooking thread, anyone? Cooking thread, anyone?

It's good to protect the stove from spatters.

However, that stove has an 11" clearance from the corners. It is much too close. Single wall stove pipe with a heatshield has a clearance of 9" and the shielding must be continuous all the way to the ceiling.
I've made sure all my clearances are good, but I will double check next time in the shed.

It's good to protect the stove from spatters.

However, that stove has an 11" clearance from the corners. It is much too close. Single wall stove pipe with a heatshield has a clearance of 9" and the shielding must be continuous all the way to the ceiling.
You're right my appliance is too close to the wall, I really don't even know how I let that happen, it would of been better for me to move it out more so I wouldn't have to cut the roof support 2x4. I also found this a little bit into the manual which states 7" from corner to wall but I'm around 4 anyways.

Cooking thread, anyone?

Yes, but that 7" is with double-wall stove pipe. Move the stove out using a pair of 45º elbows to create a 6" offset.

I was planning on putting a rock wall there to make it look better, so now I actually have a good reason to do it.

The rock wall will not change the clearance requirement.

Sheet metal with a inch gap?
Yes, the manual covers that option on page 15. Note however that all the clearance reduced options listed in the manual use double-wall stove pipe so the single-wall shielding still needs to be all the way to the ceiling.

Section 5 in the manual covwers the proper and safe method for clearance reduction.