Cold corner in fire box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I filled out a Customer Support form on their website. I asked about three things.
1. Replacement gaskets for the door and glass. I had previously seen these parts available on the site for purchase. Now they are not there.
2. I have an inward dent on the right side of the door opening on my stove. Concerned about air leaking in there.
3. The tubes being higher on the right ride. I explained the frame situation. The frame being the square tubes that the secondary air flows thru to get to the tubes.

We will see what happens.

I am very curious to see if you get a response from them. Please keep us updated on anything you find out.

I am very curious to see if you get a response from them. Please keep us updated on anything you find out.
Within hours I received an email from their customer service mailbox. It was short but asked for additional information so they could start and review my case. Proof of purchase; etc, and pictures. There was a name and email address, so I sent the info to that person. It took a couple of emails since I could only attach a few pictures on each email.

Within a few hours I had another email from the customer service mailbox. They thanked me for providing the info so quickly. They had created a ticket with a number. They stated they will forward the information and get it reviewed. They asked for a couple of days to respond. The same person's name was at the bottom of the email. Also attached was a copy of one of the emails that I sent.

Within hours I received an email from their customer service mailbox. It was short but asked for additional information so they could start and review my case. Proof of purchase; etc, and pictures. There was a name and email address, so I sent the info to that person. It took a couple of emails since I could only attach a few pictures on each email.

Within a few hours I had another email from the customer service mailbox. They thanked me for providing the info so quickly. They had created a ticket with a number. They stated they will forward the information and get it reviewed. They asked for a couple of days to respond. The same person's name was at the bottom of the email. Also attached was a copy of one of the emails that I sent.

That's amazing and completely contrary to my experience with them. I am very interested to see where this goes.

Did not hear back yet from Pleasant Hearth but thought I would post picture and video of my cold corner. The ends of my door seal meet at the bottom right corner. There is some frayed material there, which cause air to leak into the firebox. I am looking into a replacement seal.
Could this cause cold corner?
As you can see the glass gets dirty in this corner.

Attachments

• Cold corner in fire box
    20200109_101747.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 94
  • Cold corner in fire box
    20200111_081829.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 83
  • 20200111_081832.mp4
    18.8 MB
Reactions: Das Jugghead
Did not hear back yet from Pleasant Hearth but thought I would post picture and video of my cold corner. The ends of my door seal meet at the bottom right corner. There is some frayed material there, which cause air to leak into the firebox. I am looking into a replacement seal.
Could this cause cold corner?
As you can see the glass gets dirty in this corner.

Well, ours is exactly the same here, it seems. I still have a cold corner, essentially, just not as bad as it was when I started this thread.

The glass gets dirty in that corner on mine too, and my door seal also meets at that bottom right corner. I would think that is sealing better than the left side, meaning air is not leaking over there while it IS leaking on the left side, thereby creating a "hot corner" on one side, and "cold corner" on the other...?

I don't know, but it is telling that ours seem to operate and be built exactly the same, with the same issue.